Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Movies & Television

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #481
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

It would be impossible to do that sort of ep more than once a season.

Heh, KG. Your anger at this show is funny. It was never good (I hated it under Darabont) but this season has been the only completely solid one for me. Really liking this new showrunner. He did the best eps for the last season as well. Hopefully the second half of the season will keep up this trend.

That being said, TWD is not one of my drop everything and watch shows. I'm usually half watching while doing another task. Perfect show for that. Maybe if I gave it my full attention I'd be angry too.

Does suck they killed off one of the best characters. I would have sacrificed Darryl for him.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #482
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT

Of course this whole band of strangers dies while only 1 of the good guys is killed. What else did we expect?

Well, the episode was good, but like Teuth says, it's because lots of stuff happened. And you can't keep that up. It's pretty sad how we had to go through 5 slow disease episodes, then 2 boring Governor ones to get to an exciting episode. And it basically ended how last season's finale should have ended.

I'm glad that they're on the road again... and I do hope they get reunited pretty soon.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde

Old 12-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #483
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

I agree

But the fact of the matter is the season should build to this episode.

If you watched really this episode.. you wouldn't miss much skipping the rest of the season.

Like the plot didn't combine until this episode and stuff like the Governor's time and the disease were such a minor factor.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 12-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #484
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT

I also hated how Rick wouldn't just tell all the Governor's new people what really happened between them. Most of them didn't want to fight, but believed Rick and the others were a gang of villains.
And now all these good people are dead.

Btw what did you think of Daryll shooting the tank-guy?

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde

Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #485
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyarion View Post
I also hated how Rick wouldn't just tell all the Governor's new people what really happened between them. Most of them didn't want to fight, but believed Rick and the others were a gang of villains.
And now all these good people are dead.

Btw what did you think of Daryll shooting the tank-guy?
To be fair, Rick didn't know their motives

And he did try to explain that even after the last time, he took in some of the Governor's residents.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #486
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
It would be impossible to do that sort of ep more than once a season.

Heh, KG. Your anger at this show is funny. It was never good (I hated it under Darabont) but this season has been the only completely solid one for me. Really liking this new showrunner. He did the best eps for the last season as well. Hopefully the second half of the season will keep up this trend.

That being said, TWD is not one of my drop everything and watch shows. I'm usually half watching while doing another task. Perfect show for that. Maybe if I gave it my full attention I'd be angry too.

Does suck they killed off one of the best characters. I would have sacrificed Darryl for him.
I don't hate the show and I'm really not that angry. Bitching about stuff on the Internet is effortless, low hanging fruit.

Obviously I'm attached to the show, as I still watch it. But like you, I almost always do something else while watching the show.

I'm excited to see where they go after this mid season finale, but this should have been the end of Season 3. The first half of Season 4 was largely fluff. And the "redeemable Governor" stuff is bullshit. The guy has a GIAAAAAAAAANT resume of douche baggery. Even in a post apocalyptic dystopia, the dude's actions are deplorable.

But that's just me. A lot of people disagree, and like how the show focused on The Governor.

You know, the show is changing writers for what is it, the third time now? I do agree with you that Season 4 is the best Season thus far (except for maybe the first part of Season 1), but Season 4 is falling short because Season 3 was so bad. Trying to cram The Governor back into the show required monumental amounts of bullshit.

Here's to hoping the show gets better as it moves on.