PDA

View Full Version : Simple things you cannot do

Neo
04-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I ripped this idea off another site. Basically you list simple things that for some reason you are incapable of doing. For example I cannot whistle even if my life depended on it.

I have a hard time spelling simple words. Seriously, I've always scored low in spelling. In elementary school I was disqualified in the spelling bee in the 1st round for spelling bowl as b-o-l-e.

I cannot make a respectable sound when I snap my fingers.

I have an impeccable sense of direction, but I always get lost because I can never remember the layout of the roadways.

I'm not afraid of needles, but I can't have my eyes or teeth examined without feeling like I'm going to pass out. Nor can I watch this happening to someone else.

I can't throw a football in a spiral.

I have a hard time looking someone in the eye when I shake their hand.

At work I can't ever remember the name of the person calling me, so I have to make something up in the comm logs.

I can't open capri suns without destroying the straw.

Perfect Stu
04-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I have no problem taking shots, but I am very afraid of having my blood taken.

I can't break 80. Hopefully that will change this year...

I can't chew mint gum without sneezing once, usually twice.

I have very good hand eye coordination and athleticism, but I wouldn't be able to juggle for all the money in the world.

Dylflon
04-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I can't raise one eyebrow. I can only do both at once.

Blacklotus21
04-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Hmm...
Simple Things I Cannot Do

Remember someone's name 2 seconds after they've told me

Go a week without a venti latte from starbuck's

Follow a recipe without making any of my own modifications

Drink any kind of beer (because I'm allergic)

Ride a bicycle

But.....imagine all the things I most certainly can do. ;)

Dyne
04-04-2006, 05:06 PM
I simply cannot think of anything to put here.

^I guess that works.

I can do pretty much all of the aforementioned.

GameMaster
04-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Hmm...
Simple Things I Cannot Do

Remember someone's name 2 seconds after they've told me

Go a week without a venti latte from starbuck's

Follow a recipe without making any of my own modifications

Drink any kind of beer

Ride a bicycle

But.....imagine all the things I most certainly can do. ;)

You also couldn't pass through our hallowed halls without being instantly linked as a mysterious connection to Neo.

I can't drink orange juice with pulp... bleck!

Typhoid
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I cannot snap with my right hand, however can with my left.

EDIT:

Drink any kind of beer (because I'm allergic)

Isnt everyone allergic to beer? Isn't that why we get drunk? Because beer is poison?

Jason1
04-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I cannot snap with my right hand, however can with my left.

EDIT:

Isnt everyone allergic to beer? Isn't that why we get drunk? Because beer is poison?

Naw, hes probably allergic to yeast or something. I know someone that claimed to be allergic to something like that, she couldnt eat bread and a whole bunch of stuff like that.

As for me, I cant touch my eyes, and I get really freaked out at the eye doctor when they have to look in my eye. A long time ago I tried contacts, and nearly passed out trying to put them in. And thats all I can think of at the momment.

DimHalo
04-04-2006, 06:34 PM
I can't whistle without spending about 20 minutes trying to get it and then I can't continue it.

I can't pronounce words that end with -sks.

I can't eat guacamole without throwing up.

Perfect Stu
04-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I simply cannot think of anything to put here.

^I guess that works.

I can do pretty much all of the aforementioned.

you can break 80?!

if so, Tiger Woods approves

http://www2.jsonline.com/golfplus/image/2000/tw721.jpg

MrCoffee
04-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I cant play console games as well as PC
I cant sleep in
I cant erase pen
I cant wait for my nintendo ds lite

Jonbo298
04-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I have a reaction to chocolate (only certain kinds, I cant nail what ingredient it is) and Bacon Bits. Usually a sneeze or 2. Dont think im allergic but something to that effect.

I have to multitask usually. Either talking to someone online and playing a game or looking at sites, etc...

I couldnt do any physical sport if my life depended on it. Never was good at football, baseball, soccer, etc...just not my thing.

Swan
04-04-2006, 08:24 PM
I can't do....
snap with my left hand
whistle
not die ever
keep a simple beat on the drums

Teuthida
04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
-I can't whistle.
-I can't remember names (I did the same thing as Neo when had an office job.)
-I can't snap with my left hand.
-I can't look people in the eyes...what's up with that?
-I can't cuddle a cute widdle kitty...without almost dying afterwards from lack of oxygen.
-I can't throw up. In my 21 years I have never once vomitted. Feels like I'm missing out on something. So if I get drunk it's just that much worse of a hangover. But I really don't like to drink so hasn't been much of a problem.
-I can't tolerate to be in the same room as a banana.
-I can't pronounce "variety" without thinking about it really hard beforehand.
-I can tolerate almost every pain imagineable, view horrible videos and photos of multilations and such, even physicaly handle and slice organs that were in a person's body not 5 minutes before (cancerous breasts, tongues, jaws, stomachs, hearts, etc.), but to hear someone describe something nasty in detail I almost pass out.

Happydude
04-05-2006, 02:00 AM
I can't take a needle without feeling lime passing out. (they don't hurt and i'm not afraid, but i just get very light headed and everything goes black sometimes for a second)

i can't whistle loud.

i can't umm...remember what else i can't do.

Professor S
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I cannot eat oatmeal or cooked raisins, as they remind me of snot and swollen ticks, respectively.

Krypton
04-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I cant eat grapefruit without getting sick.

I cant be on the computer longer than 30 minutes without getting bored.

I cant whistle..well.

Blacklotus21
04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
You also couldn't pass through our hallowed halls without being instantly linked as a mysterious connection to Neo.

I can't drink orange juice with pulp... bleck!

My dear Gamemaster, aren't you the one with loads of time on your hands to concern yourself more than anyone else with myself or Neo? Since that is the case, the obviously solution to the problem is to get a life outside a pc. You also may want to consider adding to your list of Simple things you cannot do: "Can't go posting without replying to BlackLotus about Neo because I have nothing better to do-GameMaster"
:wave:

Ginkasa
04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I can't ride a bicycle.

/me shrugs and walks away

Typhoid
04-05-2006, 06:32 PM
-I can't sit in silence an not burst out laughing.
-I can't not tip a big tip
-I can't sit idly by and not sing when a song is being sung
-I can't stay still when music is being played; I need to move something.
-I can't look directly at the sun

GameMaster
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
My dear Gamemaster, aren't you the one with loads of time on your hands to concern yourself more than anyone else with myself or Neo? Since that is the case, the obviously solution to the problem is to get a life outside a pc. You also may want to consider adding to your list of Simple things you cannot do: "Can't go posting without replying to BlackLotus about Neo because I have nothing better to do-GameMaster"
:wave:

All I want to know is who you are.

BlueFire
04-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I can't stay still.
I can't sit down and focus on a sheet of paper for a long time (SAT, ACT..fogetta about it).
I can't sit in class without doodling all over something.
I can't look at Play-Doh without smelling it.
I can't whistle either, despite numerous attempts since I was a child :[

more later. :]

DimHalo
04-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I can't believe that so many people can't whistle. I always thought I was one of few people...and that was why I get teased.

Perfect Stu
04-05-2006, 09:06 PM
you got teased for not being able to whistle? im a great whistler but i dont think i ever teased someone for not being able to...i punched a guy once when he tried to whistle and spit on me instead, though

BlueFire
04-05-2006, 09:23 PM
i punched a guy once when he tried to whistle and spit on me instead, though

He certainly deserved that. Great job.

DimHalo
04-05-2006, 09:49 PM
you got teased for not being able to whistle? im a great whistler but i dont think i ever teased someone for not being able to...i punched a guy once when he tried to whistle and spit on me instead, though

Way to take care of business.

Yeah, i got teased for not being able to whistle. So then I would try and I would get teased even more because of how silly I sounded when I tried.

jeepnut teased me about it too....

Dyne
04-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Oh wait, I thought of something.

I can't wolf-whistle. How the hell do you do it? I can get a little sound after a ton of blowing, but it's usually shrill, hard to hold on to, and not even worth it.

Tips?

Other than that, I can whistle very well. But not with my fingers jammed in my mouth.

Perfect Stu
04-05-2006, 10:02 PM
He certainly deserved that. Great job.

oh calm down I was 11 years old...he spit on my neck and i punched him. that's life. nobody was hurt...

fingersman
04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow alot of people can't whistle......HAHAHAHAH LOSERS :p j/k

I can't snap my fingers
I can't play a game for a whole day like I use to
I can't stay home for long period of time without getting bored or sleeping or finding something to do.
I can't believe that macs can now use windows
http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign