Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Movies & Television

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #466
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Ugh, I'm watching the season finale right now. I can't believe they're spreading out Andrea's scene over the whole episode.
She was picking up the tool with her feet and then bringing it to her hand. I told myself "If she drops it, I'll stop watching." She dropped it, such cliche. I still want to finish it, but I'm a bit mad at the show, so I'm taking a break.

What the governor did sure was unexpected. It kind of suits him, but I feel the show writers were just looking for a way to cut costs and avoid a huge battle.
The whole season is woking towards this war that doesn't come. Bad writing.

Edit: Ugh. Now all those women and children are going to move into the prison, while they have this nice and fully operational village just around the corner? Madness.
Oh, I hate the show for trying to make me like Andrea one last time. "I just didn't want anyone to get killed, that's pretty much my life motto!" Yeah right.

Also, why do they keep killing and amputating people that have bite wounds, even though they know everybody's already infected and all you need to turn is to die?

Anyway I saw the whole second half of season 3 in just 4 days. Some episodes I played at 110% speed, just to save some time. I expected good stuff to be in those episodes somewhere (and I guess they were), but most of it just seemed like a waste of my time. The episode with the surviving guy in the city was pretty good I guess.
Oh one thing that blew my mind in one of the earlier episodes: when those 4 survivors entered the prison and were waiting for Rick to come back, some others are talking to them and mending their wounds. All of a sudden that suicidal chick comes in with the baby, walks to the other side of the room, does nothing, and goes back again.
WHY WAS SHE TAKING A BABY INTO A ROOM WHERE SHE DIDN'T NEED ANYTHING, AMONG POSSIBLY DANGEROUS STRANGERS?!?!?!?! I know the writers were just trying to create a meaningful scene, but if you give it a little more thought, it all falls apart.

Last edited by Angrist : 04-03-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #467
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

Old 10-30-2013, 09:42 AM
KillerGremlin
This message has been deleted by KillerGremlin.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #468
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT

Anyone watching? The episodes have been decent, although the whole disease thing took a bit too long.

But this last one with the governor? Boooooring!

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde

Old 11-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #469
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

I have officially quit watching it. I watched the first two episodes of this season, and they were so boring I just quit.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #470
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

I think this has been my favorite season thus far. And this last episode was probably my favorite from that.

That being said, just dropped the comic. Might pick it up again in the future. But that has been far too slow.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #471
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
I have officially quit watching it. I watched the first two episodes of this season, and they were so boring I just quit.
Thats the problem I had with the second season when I quit watching. Just kept thinking 'FIND THAT STUPID GIRL ALREADY!' My friend kept saying I should start again because the show got really good, and the review I read of a recent episode had nothing good to say about the pacing and some other things..

Old 11-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #472
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Some episodes are decent (usually the first ones of a new season). What I like about this season is that they killed off the most annoying characters in season 3.
What I don't like is that the last 2 episodes suggest we're now going to get a repetition of last season's story. -_-

Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #473
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

Quote:
It really has not improved, despite some of the positive comments here. I typed up my rant and deleted it because I don't care that much, but this season feels a lot like the last season...same inconsistent pacing, all the suspense is because characters are doing the dumbest things possible, etc.

They introduced a bunch of new characters so those characters can be killed off, everyone seems to have forgotten about The Governor.... the zombie suspense is forced too, and it shows up like clockwork every episode or two so the network/writers can fill their forced zombie attack quota.

You'd figure if the Governor was coming back they would establish the prison as a utopia. Instead people are dying from a plague...which should be a very insignificant concern in a prison of all places (don't the doors lock?). The fences are falling apart (WTF?), and worst of all, everyone seems oblivious to The Governor. Honestly, the prison seems like a pretty unsafe place to be at this point. Why wouldn't you get the fuck out of dodge and go somewhere else?

To top it all off, new survivors keep showing up so they can die in the same episode (usually during a trip to suburbia or the forest), and for some reason the car manufactures continue to make new models of cars in this zombie apocalypse and supply them to our team of survivors. What a luxury. Why not move into the car factory, I bet it has nice amenities than the prison.

I turn this show on and sort of half-watch it while I read Reddit and catch up on the news, but I don't dedicate an hour in front of my TV.

It's just mediocre. That's the word I'd use. A combination of bad and disappointing. So much wasted potential squandered with budget cuts and poorly paced episodes, and horrible writing. This:

http://www.yourmoviesucks.org/2013/0...-1-part-1.html

http://www.yourmoviesucks.org/2013/1...-1-part-2.html

I keep saying it...this show would have been better if they kept the 6-10 episodes per season format, didn't do this mid season finale bullshit, didn't cut the budget, and didn't fire the show's fucking creator.

I hope the reboot sucks less.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #474
KillerGremlin
No Pants

...and the mid season finale looks to be exactly what we all guessed it would be. Fucking shocking. Like, shock my balls, brave writers of The Walking Dead.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #475
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
...and the mid season finale looks to be exactly what we all guessed it would be. Fucking shocking. Like, shock my balls, brave writers of The Walking Dead.
What happened? I don't mind spoilers.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #476
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Quote:
What happened? I don't mind spoilers.
It looks like The Governor is going to attack the prison, which should have been the Season 3 finale.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #477
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
It looks like The Governor is going to attack the prison, which should have been the Season 3 finale.
Wait didn't he technically attack the prison in Season 3?

Old 12-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #478
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle View Post
Wait didn't he technically attack the prison in Season 3?
He did...but nothing significant came of it.

That's why the writing for this show is dogshit. Now the Governor is attacking the prison, yet again...only this time there are no stakes, or the stakes are way lower. I mean, why would you want to live at that prison? The prison seems incredibly unsafe. Walkers are attracted to it, people are dying left and right from the plague, Rick makes poor decisions on a daily basis.

Say what you will about the Governor being fucking crazy and selfish and a narcissistic psycho, but at least Woodbury had four walls and stability.

What made the attacks on the prison so significant in the comics is one of two things. (1) Surprise. After escaping the prison / the rape and torture, it was implied that everyone was home free and that The Governor did not know where the prison was located, therefore establishing the prison as a utopia of sorts. (2) Stability. The prison was not only safe, but they were starting up a farm life for food, they had the zombie situation under control, people were coupling and getting on with their lives....things were going great.

Season 3 of The Walking Dead made some Mark Sanchez butt fumbles with the writing, pacing, and plot...so now Season 4 gets to rehash the should-have-been-finale of Season 3. Which leaves all sorts of ? ? ? ? ? ? ? regarding where this show moves forward.

After the prison the comic departs into weird, slowly paced, sometimes mediocre "meh," so I'm hoping the TV show can throw some fun curves in the mix once freed from some of the source material...but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #479
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

I really wonder if anyone actually enjoys the story of the governor in S4. He used to be the biggest jerk in season 3....... and now we're supposed to like him again, just because for a while he forgets he's an evil bastard?

If they want to surprise us, he is NOT going to attack the prison.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #480
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Tonight's the type of episode I stick around for, but so damn infrequent.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away