Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Your Dream Home
Old 10-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Your Dream Home

At the expense of selling out to consumerism and all those crappy Cribs episodes....what would be in your dream home?

I want a courtyard in my house so I can sit out and watch the sky but still be protected by my house, and also so I can keep some nice plants. I also plan to have running water in my bathroom (like a waterfall). I also love plants so my house is going to be very green. I also want a sun room, I really want my house to be open to the outside world. Of course, I live in the cold midwest and am poor. One day I plan on designing my own house, I refuse to conform to the sterile suburbia for the rest of my life. Ideally I'd like a theater in my basement with a huge entertainment center, poker table, pool table, and all that stuff. And I want a fireplace in my bedroom with a huge king size bed and tons of windows...and I really like dark, rich woods. Of course...I will most likely go where my money dictates that I go. Not all of us can be genius lawyers like Bond.

Re: Your Dream Home
Old 10-12-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Your Dream Home

I'm pretty fond of the house I grew up in, and inevitably am living in once again.
It's not so much the house itself - although I am pretty attached - but moreso the back yard. I love my parents back yard, it's fucking gorgeous, considering it's in the middle of the suburbs.

In the Summer, I'll just sit in it, and enjoy the view. I'll tend to the vegetables, fruit bushes, apple tree, sit on the bench swing, BBQ in the brick fireplace me and my dad made years ago, or just lay in the grass and be entirely secluded from every house around us because of the trees.

It's really hard for me to live somewhere that has a shitty back yard. When I was renting a place with my brother, we had next to no back yard - shared it with someone else, and it wasn't remotely private.

The only thing close was when I was living in my aunt's basement on Burnaby Mountain, and had a clear view of nearly everything from my room. But the yard itself was crap, being on a mountain and all.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Hm something simple and natural in the middle of a gorgeous nature area. You know, woods, hills, lakes.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

My dream house is actually pretty small. Probably the master bedroom and then one small one for guests. Then I would want a pretty big basement. In that basement would obviously be a sweet setup for gaming and television viewing/movies.

Other than that I would have a pretty big living/family room, and since I really like to cook these days my kitchen and dining room would be totally pimped out all modern style and stuff.

Also all the decor in my house would have a very modern style and feel to it. I hate antiques and stuff that's supposed to look homely.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

Old 10-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

http://www.castlemagic.com/color.html

Old 10-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

I would like something smaller as well. A nice master bedroom with an attached bathroom (preferably bigger than the one I have now), with a larger bathtub.

A kitchen with enough shelf space for several appliances (toaster, blender, coffee maker, espresso machine), as well as a dish washer and a lot of cabinet space, and an attached dining room.

Then a living room large enough for a couch and a love seat, as well as comfy recliner or two and an entertainment center.

Other that, a spare room for a desk and my cat's litter box, and a closet for storage, as well as a second bathroom for guests. A balcony is also a nice thing to have.

As long as there's room for all my stuff and my cat, I'm not really desirous of much. It's more important to me to have a place that's easily kept clean and dry, free of mold and insects. I've never lived in a place that has a roach or any other insect problem, and I'm never going to.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Ah...roaches, spiders...beg buds. I hate bugs in houses. I was reading up on this and apparently it is virtually impossible to keep insects out of your house unless you live in someplace that is freezing cold all year round. Living in the city is nice, you rarely see bugs except for the occasional spider or fruit fly. Of course there are roaches, but if you keep your place clean and spray annually you will be fine. In the suburbs where I live though, there are spiders by the dozen, ants, mosquitoes, fuckin' centipedes, and a whole bunch of other animals. We also have raccoons and coyotes. It's all good though, I don't mind the bugs as long as they stay out of my bedroom or bathroom. I don't mind spiders unless they're being lazy in my bathroom.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Combine 017
Headcrabs!

Now Playing: ...Always playing: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2:Episode One, Half-Life 2:Episode Two, TF2, EVE

I would want my house to be The Citadel.
Other than that I like the house im in now.
2 acres of yard surrounded by forest and not to many neighbors to be bothered by.
The house itself could use a touch up though, its over 50 years old. And with 5 large single pane windows in the living room it gets real cold during winter.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
Hm something simple and natural in the middle of a gorgeous nature area. You know, woods, hills, lakes.
That sounds nice.

Something like this would suit me well:

Or a hobbit house:

Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 AM   #11
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Haha, that tiny house is a bit too tiny for me. But a Hobbit house would be great for me.

It's funny... Whenever you guys say 'something smaller', it's usually still bigger than the average Dutch house. We live compact here.

I liked what Swan posted.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
KillerGremlin
No Pants

I would totally live in a Hobbit hole or a castle. Actually castle styling is pretty sweet, there's a house in my neighborhood with the castle styling, I'll snap a pic when I go home. I wonder what means are necessary to build your own house? I plan to design my house from the ground up. I love watching house shows on TV. I could sit on my ass watching HGTV all day. I'm such a loser.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #13
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Just a few requirements for dream home I suppose:

- Large garden and deck
- Hot tub
- At least 1 acre of woods or pasture surrounding grass yard
- Near a body of water for sailing.

That's it.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #14
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

The only requirement for my dream home would be that it has a deck or balcony... I would sit out there all night.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 AM   #15
flamb
Marquis

Now Playing: irl, videogames are for squares

something with a room full of decent music gear
simple enough, albeit pricey.