Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #31
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
My wife and I have been watching Sherlock.

It's really great. Each episode is about 1.5 hours long - there are 3 episodes in season 1.

First season is streamable on Netflix.
And somehow season 2 is even better.

Such a great show.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread
Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #32
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

Sherlock is easily one of my favorite show. Just everything about it is amazing.

I have been watching Sons of Anarchy over the past month, into the 4th season now and I can safely put this show in my favorite list as well. The characters are awesome, bad ass action and each season has amazing endings. I highly recommend

Old 01-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #33
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

I've watched The Long Way Round with Ewan McGregor and his pal Charlie. They drove from London to New York, through Europe, Kazachstan, Mongolia, Siberia, Alaska, etc. On 2 BMW bikes.
Great show. I'll start Long Way Down (Africa) in a few days.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:54 AM   #34
Combine 017
Headcrabs!

Now Playing: ...Always playing: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2:Episode One, Half-Life 2:Episode Two, TF2, EVE

Been watching Samurai Jack for the past while cause I never got a chance to see it when it came out. Awesome show.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

Downton Abbey! Obsessed with it. Have almost completed the 2 seasons in about 4 days..

It's kinda like Mad Men with it's complex characters. Mad Men set in 1912-1918 Britain though with snobby rich people. I'm surprised at how much I like it.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #36
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Germanator View Post
Downton Abbey! Obsessed with it. Have almost completed the 2 seasons in about 4 days..

It's kinda like Mad Men with it's complex characters. Mad Men set in 1912-1918 Britain though with snobby rich people. I'm surprised at how much I like it.
I've been contemplating watching this ... would you say it's closer to Mad Men or a soap opera? I have heard both...

Old 02-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #37
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
I've been contemplating watching this ... would you say it's closer to Mad Men or a soap opera? I have heard both...
My first impression was Mad Men....but it's a little soapy. But, if you don't get totally addicted after 2 episodes I'd be surprised. Plus, it's only 16 episodes total for 2 seasons, so it's not a giant commitment. I definitely still recommend it.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:36 AM   #38
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

Last episode of Chuck....ever. It was very sweet, and reminded me why I feel in love with the show in the first place. Despite the Season 4 disaster, Season 5 was a nice wrapping up of everything that made the show spectacular during Season 1 through 3. I may need to revisit the glory days soon.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #39
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

Was injured these past two months. Watched a lot of tv. Linked to all those that are available to watch instantly on Netflix. Aren't I nice?

That Mitchell & Webb Look - Awwwwwwesome sketch show.

Peep Show - Awwwwwwesome first-person sitcom starring the fellows from above. I was heartbroken at the end of both of these realizing there was no more.

Luther - Pretty good. There was some jumping to conclusions that seemed unrealistic at first. She didn't yawn. SHE'S A PSYCHOPATH! Took me out of it. Not sure if it got better or it just grew on me, by really ended up liking it. Looking forward to the third series.

Terriers - From the name and posters for the show I can see why hardly anyone watched it when it aired. I thought it was about dogs. It is not about dogs. Would have liked another season but was fine on its own. Really enjoyed it.

Party Down - Loved it. Plus kind of had a crush on Lizzy Caplan ever since Mean Girls.

The League - Did not expect to like this since I couldn't care less about football, fantasy or otherwise. Quite funny and I'm actually intrigued by the game. Just wish there was fantasy something other than sports, where you used real world events. Fantasy dog racing? Still too sport-like.

Journeyman - The first ep did not make me think I would enjoy this show. Starts off with rapid expository dialogue so you know who everyone is in a matter of minutes. Felt really fake. But damn, it got good. And like Terriers and the next show, was a pretty satisfying one season show.

Wonderfalls - Surprised it took me this long to watch this since I love Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies. I enjoyed it good deal but not nearly as much as Bryan Fuller's other endeavors. Once Lee Pace started getting more screen time it really made me nostalgic for Pushing Daisies. I can't believe it was cancelled after only four episodes. That's just mean.

And shows I started but didn't finish:

Trailer Park Boys - Was ok. Think I'm mockumentaried out though.

Monster - Will probably continue with this. Just not itching to watch many eps back to back.

Larry Sanders Show- Still watching this every so often. Pretty fine to watch an ep here and an ep there.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Saw four eps. I dunno. It's just not doing anything for me.

Black Books - Heard good things about it. Just watching one ep was painful. And I rather like Bill Bailey too. I cannot watch anything with a laugh track anymore. Once HIMYM ends, it will be the final laugh I ever hear...

Oh and one show currently airing: Gravity Falls. Only saw three eps so far but it's quite good. Plus the opening is great. Must have watched it at least 20 times.

And the regulars currently airing: Louie, True Blood, and Breaking Bad.

Last edited by Teuthida : 08-03-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #40
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

http://www.jest.com/article/185440/tv-charts

Surprised Danny hasn't posted this, but I like it

Wish did more shows

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote: