Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Politics

Fast and Furious: ATF Trafficking Guns to Drug Cartels
Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Fast and Furious: ATF Trafficking Guns to Drug Cartels

I have to give CBS News credit. They seem to be the last real news organization left. How this isn't a national scandal utterly mystifies me, but considering the politics involved, I'm not really shocked at all.

Quote:
In Fast and Furious, ATF agents allegedly allowed thousands of weapons to cross the border and fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

It's called letting guns "walk," and it remained secret to the public until Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered last December. Two guns from Fast and Furious were found at the scene, and ATF agent John Dodson blew the whistle on the operation.
Quote:
New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.

On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...=re1.galleries

Re: Fast and Furious: ATF Trafficking Guns to Drug Cartels
Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa
Default Re: Fast and Furious: ATF Trafficking Guns to Drug Cartels

CBS doesn't report on anything that hasn't already been brought to the attention of a more informed reading demographic. haha and ironically that includes Alex Jones as a source!
What? The US government was involved in deliberately facilitating the deaths of thousands of people, both sides of the border?
Just another notch in the litany of lies that seem to keep the American people satiated in the belief that there is somehow a representative system going on. It's corporatism and 30,000 deadly weapons in the hands of violent drug cartals is only scratching the surface.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032934_AT..._firearms.html

http://www.infowars.com/obama-admini...ond-amendment/

edit: This should be up there with watergate but unfortunately, scapegoating an administration only serves to pronounce a diabolically arranged election process that is sure to keep Ron Paul on the fringe through mass media disinformation.

The obvious answer is to spend trillions more on military contracts and income-tax fed death squads, because the occupy wallstreet movement is already being turned into a partisan pissing contest by those who are unfortunately too uninformed to know the extent of the dupe.

Last edited by Seth : 10-04-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Reel in the crazy, Seth. You're making some incredible leaps in logic. Even IF the operation was intended to supply cartel members with assault weapons, there are still about 90,000 steps between that and a puppeteering Freemason shadow government sedating us from Bohemian Grove with subliminal media messages and fluoridated water. Most of the time these conspiracy theories can be reduced to the most simple equation: The unintended consequences of a sprawling, largely unaccountable government bureaucracy that allows a combination of ignorance, incompetence, and greed to wreak havoc on the individual.

There is no need to create malevolent consciousness to explain the harmful effects of big government. In most cases, it is the good intentions of those in government that create the most harmful results.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Seth
wants a yacht

I didn't talk about freemason shadow governments. I'm pointing directly at the 'good intentioned' democrat in office who has to ride this out. Same guy that just gave us a dead Osama Bin Laden, dropped into the ocean.

Weaken this down to mere confounding bureaucracy if it makes you feel better.

You deny subliminal media messages? Maybe I do, there's nothing much subliminal about opinionated, well-fed news anchors that do their job quite well.
Keep drinking fluoridated water if it's such a miracle resolvement to tooth decay. Us west coast Canadians know better.

The conspiracy lies in corporate margin profits that clearly aims to keep populations sick and dependant on a lucrative cure to all of life's ailments. It's not really a stretch.

and in case you haven't heard, guns are a big problem...or is it drugs?
Erroding mexican society serves to leverage the comparitive quality of its northern superstar.

Last edited by Seth : 10-04-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
thatmariolover
GameTavern Plumber

Now Playing:

Kind of funny that we find out about this the same week the ATF releases a statement that Medical Marijuana users can't legally own a firearm.

It should also be noted that this is a policy that started under the Bush administration and continued unchecked under the Obama administration.

Last edited by thatmariolover : 10-12-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS

Did I read that right -- Seth, you believe in the water fluoridation conspiracy?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

What about airliners releasing chemicals into the air with their contrails? Do you also believe that?

Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

And we never landed on the moon!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Well, this story certainly hit the fan this week, didn't it? President Obama exercises his executive privilege to hide DOJ documents. Executive privilege is usually only exercised to protect national security, not domestic matters, or a "principled stand for executive branch independence" (Really?)

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...-a-126929.html

None of this makes sense:

1) Why did Pres. Obama make a mountain out of a mole hill? No one was really covering this, but now it's huge news, and it makes Pres. Obama and AG Holder look like they're hiding something serious.

2) Why did Holder tell Congress he was going to release documents when he really was requesting the President exercise executive privilege to hide them? Holder has been a complete embarrassment during this entire process.

3) Most importantly, what was the purpose of running guns to Mexican Drug Cartels? I know they say they wanted to "track them", but to what end? Were they setting up a sting? Planning a raid? Why would the DOJ knowingly send assault weapons down to these violent people? If you give killers guns, you can expect them to use them to kill, and they killed over 200 people with them! The DOJ believes tracking guns is worth being an accomplice to murder? What kind of return were they expecting on their horrific investment?

Again, nothing in this mess makes any sense, and over 200 people are dead because of it. If anyone can shed any light, please do so, because the more this goes on the more it has Watergate written all over it (Hell, Nixon only helped cover up a B&E, not being a party to murder).

Old 06-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Another question to ask: How can the President/White House claim privilege over the information if the White House wasn't involved in some way?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Combine 017
Headcrabs!

Now Playing: ...Always playing: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2:Episode One, Half-Life 2:Episode Two, TF2, EVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
If you give killers guns, you can expect them to use them to kill, and they killed over 200 people with them!
Wow, only 200 people? I think more people get shot in the US in a day than that.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combine 017 View Post
Wow, only 200 people? I think more people get shot in the US in a day than that.
I have no idea, but the US Department of Justice doesn't usually hand out the guns. That's pretty important...

Also, there are over 200 that we know about. Probably many more. Mexico doesn't have a very good record of giving a shit about things like this.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
Seth
wants a yacht

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_Ja...alse_flag.html

Old 07-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Seth, no offense but that is the single dumbest article I've ever read. EVER.

1) You can get "advance gear" from multiple catalogs and on-line stores. Here is just one.

http://www.opsgear.com/

The author should have Googled "advanced tactical gear" before writing the article. That's what I did.

2) You can learn to make napalm on-line as well, as well as other explosive, from the Internets.

The author should have typed "how to make napalm" in YouTube. That's what I did.

3) If this was staged, why would the shooter agree to it? What does he get out of it when he had such a promising career in front of him? Jail, or assassination so no one knows who really did this? Or did someone experiment on him and brainwash him into doing it, expecting an unstable nutjob to surrender quietly after going on a rampage? And why pick a promising student? Why not some drunk or a pissed off worker? Makes more sense and would fit the narrative much better (if your trying to hide something). The author never really makes a case for anything, he just brings up ridiculous statements assuming the reader's ignorance, and even contradicts himself by presenting a mixed argument.

Seth, I don't blame you for this because you obviously have some problems. I blame the author and the owners of this site for using a tragedy to promote their ridiculous conspiracy theories. Seriously, that entire article makes absolutely no sense at all.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Seth
wants a yacht

I'm not affiliated with the article. I just posted it...

I wasn't implying anything by it either. blame me for?