Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #27
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
To answer Mana's question from another thread: My feelings on Pennsylvania being in play were based on exactly that, feeling. Romney had a huge turnout at a rally in Bucks Co PA, but I later learned many of those in attendance were from NJ and NY. It proved a mirage.

That, and I thought Romney would do much better in Philly suburbs than McCain, and he did, but not enough to make a difference.

But overall, this number shocks me: Pres. Obama received 9 million fewer votes this year compared to 2008 (69.4 mil to 58.7 mil). If as many Republicans voted for Romney as they did for McCain (59.9 mil), we'll have a new President Elect. But Romney received nearly 4 million fewer votes. Considering there was a tremendous economic crash in 2008 under Bush, and a demoralized Rep base, I find that fact amazing and the Republican party better take notice.

They had a softball this year, and whiffed.
Yeah a lot of folks saying it was their race to lose.. and they managed to do it.. in grand fashion as well.

I just feel like in order to appeal to their vocal mass, they really alienated too many other voters

Even in the fall-out of the election, a lot of their supporters don't blame the candidates or the campaigns.. but the others...

Those good for nothing, take, take, take segment of America who is all about having unprotected sex so they can have their weekly abortions, live off the government's money and food and illegals.

And I just don't get their play.. they need to start casting those aside, and focus on casting a wider net.

~Edit~
Also, I think they need to start dealing in the world of facts.
The fact that it caught so many off-base that Obama, not only won re-election but with a pretty hefty margin in the PV and EC shouldn't have been too shocking if you were following the polls.

But for weeks, we heard that the polls were skewed.. that they couldn't be taken at face value.. they oversampled Democrats.. that there was an air around Romney... none of that was ever proven in fact, but they went with it.

When your own candidate begins to believe this non-sense, and is shocked that he lost.. it becomes a problem.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away