Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Movies & Television

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #286
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Honestly it probably is a metaphor and a good observation, I was just giving you a hard time.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #287
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
I thought about this as soon as I woke up (for some reason), and had a thought about the name of the show.

Is it "The Walking Dead" because it's literally referring to the 'zombies' that are trudging around - or is it a metaphor for the living people who are so untrustworthy due to human nature that they will kill each other. Making them "walking dead".
Its.. not much of a spoiler as Prof says, but yes in the book they come to the same conclusion.

Because, really.. ultimately.. its not about living... but how long they can live before they die.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 02-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #288
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
Its.. not much of a spoiler as Prof says, but yes in the book they come to the same conclusion.

Because, really.. ultimately.. its not about living... but how long they can live before they die.
Well keep in mind there is a BIG plot point that hasn't been revealed yet that isn't exactly in line with Typh's reasoning. Spoilers below:

So far in the TV series a person has been bitten to turn into a zombie, or they have been shown to have a bite mark. The assumption is that the disease is spread by physical contact. In the book it is revealed that if someone simply dies, and is not bitten, they still turn into a zombie. They are all "infected" right now, and all doomed to eventually become the monsters they are fighting even if they are never bitten. Hence, everyone on Earth is or will be the walking dead .

Old 02-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #289
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

In regards to that spoiler Prof S just posted, that was one of my first thoughts when Rick shot the guys at the bar.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #290
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
Well keep in mind there is a BIG plot point that hasn't been revealed yet that isn't exactly in line with Typh's reasoning. Spoilers below:

So far in the TV series a person has been bitten to turn into a zombie, or they have been shown to have a bite mark. The assumption is that the disease is spread by physical contact. In the book it is revealed that if someone simply dies, and is not bitten, they still turn into a zombie. They are all "infected" right now, and all doomed to eventually become the monsters they are fighting even if they are never bitten. Hence, everyone on Earth is or will be the walking dead .
Assuming they follow the comic.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #291
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Best episode in a looooong time.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #292
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
Best episode in a looooong time.
The ending of this episode made me really, really want to watch the next episode right now.

You could just see Rick turn into Shane at the very end. I thought that was great.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #293
KillerGremlin
No Pants

This last episode was really good...maybe on par with last week's. I dunno. I'm really happy the show has taken a turn towards sudden darkness and quality, but what the fuck? What does that say about the first 7 episodes? What does that mean for next season, are we going to get 7 more boring episodes followed by a mid-season hiatus? This shit is confusing for me, the poor TV viewer.

Here is the other thing. Daryl and Carol are now on the brink. I'm not sure how I felt about Daryl and Carol's dialog last night...meaning I'm not sure if it was bordering on some of the cringe worthy dialog we have had to deal with in the first half of this season.

The problem is that this TV show cannot sustain and support Daryl and Rick. There is just not enough room to write two parts and maintain in this universe. It is going to be super interesting to see how that all unfolds as we move forward.

Another A- to B+ episode for me though.

Highlights: The bar, Lori's scene.

Lowlights: Literally, the low lighting. What the fuck AMC. Hire some god damn lighting people. Night scenes suffer on this show.

Meh: Daryl and Carol

Old 02-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #294
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
Here is the other thing. Daryl and Carol are now on the brink. I'm not sure how I felt about Daryl and Carol's dialog last night...meaning I'm not sure if it was bordering on some of the cringe worthy dialog we have had to deal with in the first half of this season.
I kept expecting Daryl to break down over Sophia after all of that. Like he's actually really sad about what happened and using how hard he tried looking for her as an excuse to be angry at everything as a way to deal with it.

Either that or more would have came out of how Carol kept expecting him to hit her since that's what she was used to in these situations from her husband.

Didn't really go anywhere.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #295
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

So.... I know how this sounds... but the women on this show are so worthless overall.

I mean aside from Maggie.

We have Lori, I get into accidents on empty roads.
We have Andrea... I'll shot you because I'm angry
We have Ms. Teen Suicide Now.

And then we had the kitchen exchange. >.<

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #296
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

The last episode was half good and half absolutely terrible.

The part with Rick, Shane, random guy was good. The half with Lori/Andrea/Maggie/Suicide girl was craptastic. I don't care about this random girl committing suicide, at all. There is someone on the writing staff for this show whose ambition is to always have at least one completely pointless and boring plot thread running at all times.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #297
KillerGremlin
No Pants

The comics do empower Andrea and Michonne is a badass female.

So not sure what the show's excuse for being pretty sexist and anti-women. I'm going to say bad writing, because they show laid an egg when they tried to tackle racism in Season 1.

The Rick-Shane-new guy stuff? Fucking awesome. I would give that part an A+. The dialog between Rick and Shane was so genuine too. What is different now? It was nothing like the horrible deer episode...which given the direction the show took, had no business being in this TV show. I hope the writer who wrote that deer episode gets fired from writing. There are too many loose ends, too many characters. Daryl and Carol, Andrea and Dale, Andrea and Lori now, Rick and Shane, Maggie and Glenn. Too many stories to jam into less than an hour of TV while still keeping good character development.

They could have removed the deer entirely.

What's up with the new guy though? I thought his leg was impaled by a fence? Did I miss something? That guy should be out of commission for like 3 months, there's no way you walk after that.

I give this episode an A- because the Rick and Shane stuff was so perfect I actually got wet. I can overlook the stupid suicide stuff, which was just annoying. Here is my advice for the girl who was trying to kill herself:

(Maggie seems like a candidate for a strong character. And she is sexy, so that is at least kind of empowering).

Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #298
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Oh, and what happened to T-Dog?

Women and black folks getting the shaft. I figured they could have done a spin-off comedy bit this episode. T-Dog shows up when Andrea and Lori are fighting in the kitchen, and says:

Quote:
Man, these white bitches are crazy!
And then they can add a laugh track, and it would have been the perfect moment.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #299
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

So I hate Andrea now, completely. Her opinion on how she as to choose to live just like she did is ridiculous. The only reason Andrea didn't kill herself is because of Dale constantly making sure she didn't and now she stops people from doing the same to Beth?

I have one question though, the very opening scene, with Rick and Shane talking at the crossroads I noticed that one of the roads was a newly paved, freshly painted road while the rest were old and cracking. During their conversation the new road was behind Rick while one of the old roads was behind Shane, and they had wide shots of each character clearly showing each road. I am curious as to what you think this means?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #300
KillerGremlin
No Pants

On the topic of the roads:

I'm pretty sure Shane is gonna die. The past few episodes have focused on Rick, and Rick has come around as the conflicted badass from the comics. The episode ended with Rick basically saying he is going to kill that kid, and that's some heavy shit. He also popped the dudes in the bar.

We haven't seen Merle and that actually really concerns me.