Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

School Shooting in Germany, 18 killed
Old 04-26-2002, 03:59 PM   #1
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS
Default School Shooting in Germany, 18 killed

Wow. This was a shocker. I was just listening to Q107 when a news report came in saying that there was a school shooting in Germany. 18 people died, 13 teachers, 2 students, a school secretary, a police officer and himself.

Here is the link for the full news : http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe...ing/index.html

Damn. This is a bunch of crap. The kid was expelled from his highschool, so he comes back to shoot the place up! Some people on this Earth are really, really messed up. And isn't this kind of close to the Columbine Shooting date?

Old 04-26-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

(I was gonna post this...)
DAMN I hate these killings!! Germany is pretty close to me!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!! I saw a few interviews with kids who saw it...

I just heard that this is the highest number of deaths on a school shooting.

The guy was a silent type, he did have some friends... he got kicked out of class very often, until he got banned from school.

He was all dressed in black.
He was a member of a shooting-club, that's how he got the weapons.

This very day the parliament was discussing the weapon laws of Germany.

Another thing, he didn't shoot the 14 teachers all at once, he had to walk through the whole school, so there is a possibility that there wasn't another guy...

Luckily he didn't shoot that much kids...

Last edited by Angrist : 04-26-2002 at 04:38 PM.

Old 04-26-2002, 04:43 PM   #3
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

Quote:
Originally posted by Angrist
(I was gonna post this...)
DAMN I hate these killings!! Germany is pretty close to me!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!! I saw a few interviews with kids who saw it...

I just heard that this is the highest number of deaths on a school-killing.

The guy was a silent type, he did have some friends... he got kicked out of class very often, until he got banned from school.

He was all dressed in black.
He was a member of a shooting-club, that's how he got the weapons.
Highest number of deaths? How many were killed in Columbine? Cuz that was considered the worst before, right? 15 or something? *shrugs*

Yeah they said he was walking around specifically looking for teachers.. maybe the students tried to stop him... cuz there was a girl they had on the news that said that like she saw the guy kill one of the teachers, look at her, and just walk off... And another said he saw the guy reloading or something in a hallway and then keep walking around... And yeah since most of the dead were teachers...

But that's what happens when someone gets extremely pissed off, has access to weapons, and the brains (as in screwed up brains) to do it...

Old 04-26-2002, 04:54 PM   #4
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathsHand
cuz there was a girl they had on the news that said that like she saw the guy kill one of the teachers, look at her, and just walk off...
Yeah I wanted to tell that, but I couldn't find the right words for it. The guy was just standing next to her, and he shot one of her teachers, looked into her eyes and went looking for another...
[quote But that's what happens when someone gets extremely pissed off, has access to weapons, and the brains (as in screwed up brains) to do it... [/quote]And when he's seen examples on TV.

Old 04-26-2002, 04:58 PM   #5
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

Quote:
Originally posted by Angrist
And when he's seen examples on TV.
Yeah... that's a big problem... like the news goes on and on and they have discussion about violence on TV and such, and then go and report school shootings and such, giving anybody who sees them the idea...

What would effect a kid more, seeing a fictional TV show about some kind of murder or big shooting, or hearing about the actual thing on the news?

And what would help kids not copy that? Ripping it off the air completely or *gasp* actually having the parents step in and raise their kids a little better, pay more attention, etc?

But let's not get into that

Oh but to comment on that the person looking at the girl and walkign away... reminds me sorta of the columbine thing where one of the gunmen came across some kid and he was just like "I like you, get outta here" or "I don't have a problem with you" or something and left him alone... But I would think in most school shootings the kids don't wanna just shoot random people (unless maybe they're teachers or students trying to stop them)... you would think if they were doing something really big and really random, they'd wait for class to end and everyone to pour out into the hallways...... although I dunno how it is in some schools... I just know in my middle school the bell rang and the hallways like immeadiately got really packed... Hard to make your way down the hallway with all the kids around and their backpacks on the floor near their lockers, etc...

yep...

Last edited by DeathsHand : 04-26-2002 at 05:03 PM.

Old 04-26-2002, 05:24 PM   #6
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

When I first heard the news, I thought he had entered some kind of teachers room and shot everybody, but he didn't. He just walked through the whole school looking for them.

I was thinking... maybe there was a teacher who always felt sympathy for him and had helped him. I bet he wouldn't have shot him...

Old 04-26-2002, 05:56 PM   #7
Jin
Knight

Now Playing:
Unhappy

This is a real tregedy. Imagine how much worst this would be if he had something against the students as well. If he had the time to go to 14 different classes to kill the teachers, with enough ammunition he could have killed many of the students that were in the classes.

In memory of Jack Buck & Darryl Kile.
Good luck this year St. Louis!

"You don't need a reason to help people" -Zidane (FF9)

Old 04-26-2002, 06:44 PM   #8
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

In this day and age, no news is good news...

Old 04-26-2002, 06:53 PM   #9
Ric
Former King Of The Arcade

Now Playing: Battle Pirates / Warface / Minecraft

I just dont get it... 1 guy... 1 guy with a gun walks around school with and shoots people. Everyone sh!ts themselves and hides or runs, I just dont get it.

There are over 1000 people at my school if a guy came round shooting then how hard would it be to throw a chair at the fu**er. if I had the chance I would creep up behind him and smash him in with something, a chair, a hammer from the workshops. Anything, I just would not stand by and watch.

I just dont get it, to stand and watch another human being die needlessly when you have the power to stop it or die trying, it doesnt make sence to me.

Old 04-26-2002, 07:30 PM   #10
Joeiss

Quote:
Originally posted by Ric
I just dont get it... 1 guy... 1 guy with a gun walks around school with and shoots people. Everyone sh!ts themselves and hides or runs, I just dont get it.

There are over 1000 people at my school if a guy came round shooting then how hard would it be to throw a chair at the fu**er. if I had the chance I would creep up behind him and smash him in with something, a chair, a hammer from the workshops. Anything, I just would not stand by and watch.

I just dont get it, to stand and watch another human being die needlessly when you have the power to stop it or die trying, it doesnt make sence to me.
Yeah, sure you would. I am sure that you would have all this courage when there is a guy with a gun who is about to kill anybody he wants to.

Old 04-26-2002, 07:56 PM   #11
TheGrimReaper
Knight

Now Playing:

You know, he probably would. Maybe not by himself, but if he had help, I'm sure all of us would probably try to stop him/her.

and stalks in the night...

Old 04-26-2002, 08:07 PM   #12
UncleNoName
Knight

Now Playing: Shenmue IIX and MGS: The Twin Snakes

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGrimReaper
You know, he probably would. Maybe not by himself, but if he had help, I'm sure all of us would probably try to stop him/her.
That's easy to say now, but I'm sure your opinion (most people's opinion) would change real quick if they were put in that situation. Think about it, you throw the chair at him, even if you hit him, he'd still get a chance to take a few shots at ya after...

Old 04-26-2002, 09:26 PM   #13
TheGrimReaper
Knight

Now Playing:

Yeah, that's true.

and stalks in the night...

Old 04-26-2002, 10:12 PM   #14
Gamer
Knight

Now Playing: Zelda Twilight Princess!

Hmm, shootings in schools, well at least we know that video games arent affecting anyone...right...???

Old 04-26-2002, 11:28 PM   #15
Joeiss

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamer
Hmm, shootings in schools, well at least we know that video games arent affecting anyone...right...???

I hate it when people say that video games screw people up. Video games are an escape from reality (except for factual games), not something for us to re-inact in real life.

But I guess video games can mess up those kids who are messed up to start with.