Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox 6 View Post
So now that breaking bad is over, this show is picking up again. Given that they have diverted from the source material I have no idea what to expect. How many episodes is this season gonna be?
I'm pretty sure it was picked up for 13 episodes.

I've already lowered my expectations. They have Shane (Jon Bernthal) credited/casted for the whole 2nd season.

Killing Shane is CENTRAL to the comic. It is the only plot point you really need to follow to a tee to still be considered a "Walking Dead" tv show. The fact that they pussied out and don't seem to be going down that path is sad but also fucking ridiculous. The comic isn't a force of great dialog, it's not really a complex or complicated comic. I don't get it. =/

If you don't kill Shane...you downplay Lori and Rick's issues. You lose the emotions during the prison stuff. It really downplays a lot of what makes the comic so good. And so my prediction is we are going to see typical TV-drama bullshit. Mounting tension between Lori, Shane, and Rick. Unspectacular and cliched writing. They could have made the show dark (like how it is supposed to be) but instead they are going to create faux drama.

They have casted Hershel Greene and it looks like the first 6 or 7 episodes will involve the Greene farm and life on the countryside. No mention of stopping in the suburbs....which could have been really creepy and fun.

I dunno, we will have to wait and see. Season 1 was B- or C+ TV for me. They captured the ambiance perfectly, the story not so much.

Last edited by KillerGremlin : 10-14-2011 at 04:49 PM.