Re: LOST FINALE!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #16
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS
Default Re: LOST FINALE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
Which is why the writers did a crap job. If the island was purgatory, the show they started with would have made a lot of sense. They kept flashing back to their lives before the island showing their mistakes and flaws, and then working out similar things on the island. Nice and neat.
IMHO, nice and neat is overrated. I'm all for leaving things like life, a little messy, and a little lost. (sorry)

Quote:
So then they go ahead and make the island the real world (with all its magic, demigods, and unexplainable nonsense) and create another world which basically just does the same thing except in reverse (and in one season) and makes everything before it a mess and completely void.
Everything that happened on the island I think is hardly a void. The island essentially saved all of the main characters. It brought them purpose and love. The island goes on, other stories go on, but the stories of the characters in our story, are complete. They were saved because of the island.

Quote:
If Flocke did manage to get off the island, what then? Nothing. That whole storyline is pointless.
Disagree. I think it's assumed that Jacob was right in the end, that if Flocke was released, it would be the end of the world. But this is a plot that deals directly with a main theme. Faith. Jacob, Jack, Hurley, they all did their duty based on faith, like Desmond pressing the button.

Quote:
I bet if you sat the writers down and forced them to explain everything at gunpoint they couldn't. They know less than the people they led on for six years. They can write good characters and create good mysteries (anyone can create a good mystery if there was never an answer to it to begin with) but boy do they suck at weaving a good story.

EDIT: And if they had any forethought at all, the time traveling would have worked really well with how in the finale different events happen at different times in the real world yet converge in the alt (Jack's bleeding, Hurley and Ben's little talk about being number 1 and 2). Missed opportunity. The whole show was a missed opportunity.
Well, can't disagree more, but that's all personal opinion. If they did the ending you wanted, how many others wouldn't have liked that ending? I went along for the ride, and enjoyed every bit of it.