Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Xbox Live Game Room
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Xbox Live Game Room

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/gameroomxbla/

I've known about this for a while but haven't seen anything on here about it.

I'm pretty excited about it - having the option to buy it for 360, PC, or both, is really nice, and being able to rewind those ridiculously hard arcade games.

Quote:
* Relive the glory days of the classic arcade: Game Room replicates the old-school look, sound, and feel of a retro video game Arcade. At launch, Game Room brings you a library of 30 original arcade and console classics from Activision, Atari, Intellivision, Konami, Taito, and others, including Centipede, Asteroids Deluxe, and Super Cobra shown in their original cabinets. Create a brand new social environment your Avatar can explore, personalize your game room by arranging your cabinets, and decorate each room with themes and animated mascots. Invite your friends on Xbox 360 or Windows PC to check out your games collection. With weekly new title releases, your arcade will be retro-fitted to perfection.
* Prove you're the arcade master: Think you have what it takes? Challenge friends to beat your high score by sending custom challenges and taunts across platforms, earn Achievements, unlock levels, and climb your way to the top of universal leaderboards. Compete in parallel mode, in which you and your friend play the game at the same time, or round robin mode, in which you take turns playing a game. Game Room also offers local couch play for up to two players -- how will you duke it out for arcade supremacy? Enjoy a seamless experience across Xbox 360 and Windows PC as you share games, track your progress, and jump back into the game no matter what platform you're on. You can even invite friends into your custom arcade to check out your collection.
* Buy Game Room titles once and play on both Xbox 360 and Windows PC: Enjoy the freedom of buying Game Room once and playing on your platform of choice -- Xbox LIVE or Windows PC. Purchase a classic arcade game you can enjoy on both Xbox 360 and Windows PC platforms for less than the price of a movie ticket. If you prefer to play on one platform, you can purchase individual games for either Xbox 360 or Windows PC at a lower price or even pay to play a single game, just like in the old arcades. See how long you can last on a single token!

Re: Xbox Live Game Room
Old 03-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Default Re: Xbox Live Game Room

I didn't really see any fun titles for it? Centipede was like the only thing I saw that I remember enjoying.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

They're releasing like 5 games or so a week for as long as they can.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
They're releasing like 5 games or so a week for as long as they can.
money money money money... MONAH!

Don't enjoy paying 10 dollars a week for games i would probably rarely play. Heck think at one point most of those games were on the GT arcade for free at some point and we could compete with each other.