Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

We are the Cartoon Heroes...
Old 07-26-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Angry We are the Cartoon Heroes...

So I went to Ashland the other day with my roomy. We bought a Mini-Fridge, A Microwave, and a telephone.

I played DDR.

It took me a while to build back up to my previous awesomeness level.

I'm excited about college. I'm also excited about September because DDR Extreme is going to be released for the PS2. That will be cool.

At the college I'm going to they have a place for Baptist students to go to and chill out. They have DDR there.

"Hi my name is John, I'm a Baptist, not to be confused with John the Baptist. Can you show me the way to your DDR?"

I'm totally Aetheist... I wonder if they'll notice?

Lol.

Anyway My life has been hell the past few days:

My Grandmother has Alzheimer's disease.

Here for more info.

From what I can put together it's already pretty advanced as she doesn't remember how to write, and she almost doesn't know how to walk. I would actually think she's late stage 5 early stage 6.

Anyway, she had an incident while I was gone shopping that required her to go to the hospital overnight. She's so weak she can't walk on her own.

This could be due to the medicine she's on, her diabetes, or the Alzheimer's disease itself, but she's not showing the more notable sign of Stage seven of the disease.

Anyway, my father (Keep in mind this is his mother) refuses to believe sorta that his mother is very bad off. He doesn't understand that it's almost impossible for one person to take care of her. He mentioned putting her in a rest home to my aunt, (Who lives with my grandmother and leeches off her govenment checks by the way. Classic Kentucky right there, you've seen it in stories and movies, maybe on the news.), She immediatly said "No way, I love her too much" when she was trying to get my father to do this a few months ago. Now that all her disability checks have to go for Credit card bills and things, she's changed her mind. I think it's all BS. My father wanted my mother to quit her job and take care of my grandmother. Mom can't do this for insurance reasons. So dad thinks he'll retire. My dad is so stupid. He doesn't have the patience needed to deal with my grandmother in her younger days, and he doesn't have it now for sure. He'll be making the biggest mistake of his life, (Especially because of all the bills he has as of right now.) and he doesn't understand that my 83 year old grandmother, whose heart only functions at like 40%, who is probably in Stage 5-6 of Alzheimer's, and who can barely walk is going to die soon, or need to be put into a nursing home. If he retires he can't go back to that job. That's it. It will be over. He's dumb.

Mostly it's my Aunt's stupid fault. If she wasn't a money whore my father wouldn't have had to buy the land she lost to the bank for more than what it is worth. He didn't need to buy it in the first place but he did. When my grandmother dies, my aunt is going to lose my grandmother's house too. My father will buy it of course, and what for? So the last 20-30 years of his life can be spent paying off more debt.

I'm fed up with living in this family.

My family is evidence enough that there isn't a God.

Luckily college is soon.

I'll be poor, hungry, and happy.

Re: We are the Cartoon Heroes...
Old 07-26-2004, 12:23 PM   #2
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT
Default Re: We are the Cartoon Heroes...

I'm sorry to hear that man.

All I can say is that God is not responsible for today's problems... mankind is. You say it yourself: "Mostly it's my Aunt's stupid fault."
God doesn't interfere with earth business at the moment, but here will be a time where he will do that again. There are lots of prophecies of that in the bible...

I hope your dad doesn't quit his job...

Anyway, have a good time with the baptists.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde

Old 07-26-2004, 06:31 PM   #3
ulala06
Awesome

Now Playing: with my balls

sorry about the grandmother probs. when gangan first found out she had heart problems her heart was working at 25%. now it's up to 49% with the meds she takes everyday. but anyway, i hope college is as good to you as you think it will be. and i hope i get to see you. lol.

john the baptist.

omg... lol

xoxo

Old 07-26-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

I think you should claim yourself to be the reincarnation of Jesus.

Or even weirder....The Reincarnation of Budda(sp?).

Then say your not following anybody elses religious rules because you are the god damn saviour.

Or start saying your seeing like, sightings of things and stuff. But you have to video tape the outcome. Then i shall laugh.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 07-26-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid
I think you should claim yourself to be the reincarnation of Jesus.

Or even weirder....The Reincarnation of Budda(sp?).

Then say your not following anybody elses religious rules because you are the god damn saviour.

Or start saying your seeing like, sightings of things and stuff. But you have to video tape the outcome. Then i shall laugh.
That could work... but it might scare them... Then I would have no DDR. No... No. I think I can suck up and pretend to like Jesus and stuff for DDR.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:22 PM   #6
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulala
john the baptist.
Oxymoron.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:57 PM   #7
ulala06
Awesome

Now Playing: with my balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr
Oxymoron.
bwahahaha.