Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour
Poll: Would you yada yada Sarah Palin?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Would you yada yada Sarah Palin?

Re: Sarah Palin hot or not?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: Sarah Palin hot or not?

Romney/Jindal would actually be a very formidable match against Obama/Biden with regard to policy and intellect. But it is still hard to see anyone beating Obama unless his policies become more unpopular than his personality.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

Palin has too much scandal surrounding her life to make it as a presidential candidate for the republicans. I honestly do not think any republican will knock Obama out of office unless he really screws something up. He has maintained a great public image, and that ALWAYS trumps politics.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Last weekend I met some American brothers and sisters. One of them looked like Sarah Palin, especially when she was wearing her glasses.
She wasn't ugly.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #19
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
She's expressed that the option is still open last I heard. And the media (or maybe just the fake news channel) seems to suggest that its a good possibility.. But my guess is that they just want her to do it for the high ratings it'd get even though it'd be the most lame decision in the world.
I was suspicious about Palin resigning at first, but in the end I think she is done with politics. I listened to her entire press conference, and I would encourage anyone judging her to do that also. It wasn't anywhere close to being "incoherent" like many media pundits have claimed, just frank and off-the-hip. In any case, I hope she's done because she is no where close to being President-worthy, but I could see how she would still be useful in politics due to her popularity with the base.

Quote:
Haha, yeah... with the downfall of all his competition right now, he seems like the obvious next person in line.
I like Romney, but he needs to learn to handle difficult questions better. He gets a little flustered at times and that doesn't look good, even if you answers are quality in terms of content (See: McCain). I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of Pawlenty and even Gingrich (maybe, but he can't win due to scandal).

Old 07-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #20
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions

I tried to watch that press conference, and honestly I'm turned off so bad by how she talks that it makes it hard for me to get past it and hear what she's saying. And when I read the speech, its just as much of a headache.

The reason the speech is annoying is it doesn't clearly answer why her situation is so special, and why she would need to resign. And since her claim that tax money that could have been spent in other areas were spent on defending her against the ethics charges was debunked.. it just throws more questions into the mix.

I really think she just did it for money. I woulnd't be shocked if she's paid a lot to speak at places, or if she's paid to do something in the entertainment buisiness.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #21
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

If Palin started talking I'd just gag her.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #22
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

I wonder what would happen if you put lipstick on the sea pig