Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Re: Games that need to be made. Add yours.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Default Re: Games that need to be made. Add yours.

Grim Fandango 2

Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #17
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Shenmue 3.

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #18
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa

No One Lives Forever 3

Crimson Skies 3

I 2nd Typhoids want of a melee centered battlefield game. However, the old Rune game based on the UT engine was excellent. The controls were subtle after enough time spent mastering the dodge/read

Rune 2 (Halls of Valhalla was expansion)

Mirror's Edge 2 (get it right this time)

iracing with licensed vehicles and proper environments.

Last edited by Seth : 01-19-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #19
Acebot44
Knight

Now Playing: Vectorman

What Darkmaster said

Old 01-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
Neo
Former CEO

Now Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour

A real Banjo-Kazooie 3, not that gay shit with the cars.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #21
Blix
Harbinger of Cake

Now Playing:
Post Re: Games that need to be made. Add yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
Shenmue 3.
I was wondering when this one would get posted. But I was sure it would get posted. If they do... they'd better port the first two also because I hate not having a previous safe file on games like these. Also, I need to get to know the story better. I never got too far in the game and part was because I had to keep coming back home in time every day. It affected the flow of the game, to me. The days should have been longer. But I never finished the first game.

I keep hearing things about Grim Fandango. It seems to be a really good sleeper hit from all I hear.

I'll have to say Panzer Dragoon for the 3DS. And Sega keeps adding games to my list.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
I was wondering when this one would get posted. But I was sure it would get posted. If they do... they'd better port the first two also because I hate not having a previous safe file on games like these.

When they announced that Shenmue 2 would be released in the US exclusively on the XBox, I imported it from Europe, where it was released on the DreamCast, in order to be able to carry my Shenmue the First save over. My one and only import from anywhere.

And... it wasn't compatible (there was a workaround, but you had put your DC online, and I couldn't do that).

Anyway, yeah, they should first release a Shenmue HD collection or something first if they do ever release Shenmue 3. They wouldn't really even need to put much effort in it; just upscale it to 720p. They still look alright. Probably won't happen, but I figure if Duke Nuken Forever could finally get released....

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 01-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post

I keep hearing things about Grim Fandango. It seems to be a really good sleeper hit from all I hear.
If you ever liked Adventure games at all, you really owe it to yourself to play Grim Fandango. Its the best.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
GiMpY-wAnNaBe
Cheese Master

Now Playing: FF7, again

An action-strategy-rpg game that utilizes all three dimensions to create cinematic battles.

I'm thinking battles that look like FFVII Advent Children, but control through an interface akin to KoToR or Dragon Age. Utilize an algorithm that allows for generative reaction/interaction with free moving/destructive scenery and some mechanism to slow down/stop time to hand out orders.

I've been mentally designing a game like this for about the past year....and I really think its possible to create Advent Children-like battles in real time

Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #25
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Now that we're finally talking about new games instead of sequels, here's mine:

A Jurassic Park first person adventure game.
One that has the same great atmosphere of the first movie. It needs gorgeous nature, realistic dinosaurs (but not too many) and likable characters to travel with. There should be a healthy dose of technology mixed in (like the buildings, cars and some weapons), but not too much. All in an open world: you decide where you go and what you do.
Oh and the weather should be the most important thing. No Jurassic Park without tropical storms!

10 years ago I thought I had found this game in Trespasser, but I was wrong.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions

I'd like to see two games, both based on the gameplay mechanics of MGS (sneaking missions) but not nessicarily called MGS.

Game #1: A sneaking mission game that's emphasis is back on the gameplay oposed to the story. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the story for MGS1-4, but I'd like to see a game based more on your ability to sneak and being rewarded for it.

Keep the codec, keep the ability to procure information about the story on-site, but ditch the cutscenes and overly dramatic speeches. Ditch all the lead up scenes and emotions. The main character should be so detached from the story that they could even make the main character creatable. Even give you options for reactions to codec conversations.

Game #2: A 1-8 player co-op sneaking mission game. This may sound crazy, but the idea is inspired by portable ops.

Imagine: Random generated millitary bases and buildings with randomly generated goals. Be it downloading some data from a locked down server, procuring an item of interest to the government, taking a photo to prove the existense of some weapon, or even kidnapping or assasinating someone who's on the base.

Each team member has different abilities (MGS PO style). Some have stonger senses, some are better at shooting with different weapons, some have better hacking abilities.. some more willpower. Strength, atletisism, health/vitality, and even some better at imitation (dress up as a guard, talk like one) etc etc.

Example gameplay mechanics:
- There are 5 patrol areas and 6 men guarding them at all times. The guards play tag and move from area to area and are replacing each other every 10 minutes. So if you knock someone out at the wrong time, their absense will be noticed and security will increase and be on caution.
-If someone on the player's team is found out or captured, based on their willpower they will reveal in a certain amount of time that they are part of a team which will cause general security to be tighter. And eventually they will break down and reveal what the target is, making security at the target be higher.
-Someone with strong hacking ability could break into the security's mainframe and gain access to all of their security cameras. Set up shop and be dispath to communicate what's being seen by certain cameras.
-Maybe an area requires you shutting off the electricity in a certain area. Once it's shut down, maybe there's a certain time limit before someone reacts to it and turns it back on, so you only have a small window of opertunity.
-Radio waves can be jammed too, handicaping both your team and the enemy.

Different scores can be given at the end of each run, and the best score given to the groups that are absolutly ghosts. No indication ever given to the enemy that people were even there attacking. There should also be incentive to finish the mission, even if you're discovered and it's sloppy. Abandoners should be given the worst treatment.

Also, after completing mission objectives. Everyone should have to escape the facility and meet up at a rendezvous spot. Some missions can purposely be made easier to complete the objective then they are to escape.

If anyone who's reading this can tell, I'm bored and have too much time on my hands.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa

I like your idea. Like a Commandos style of character strengths, but you are thinking in a first person perspective?
I think the game sounds like it would fit perfectly with a linear single player part of the game that creates backgrounds for the characters. Assuming each character is a specific personality and not, like in game one, user creatable.

I would like to see this game remove itself from special ops flavours, so it carries an aesthetic far different than the standard. I'm thinking more special agent collab instead of swat team or special forces. More of a Bondsy feel.
meh

Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #28
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
A real Banjo-Kazooie 3, not that gay shit with the cars.
I second this!

Also...Conkers Bad Fur Day 2 would be sweet.

I'm down for NOLF 3 and a Jurassic Park type game. Horror style would be my ideal.

I'm still waiting for my Pokemon MMORPG. I can fucking waggle but a Pokemon RPG...nooooo.

I'd also like to see a 2D Zelda game made for a console. I'm so fucking sick of relegating 2D Zelda titles to the handhelds. Make a kick ass, optimized, 2D Zelda title that I can play on my TV. Put in 16 Dungeons, a huge fucking world, and get me exploring caves and jumping over waterfalls.

Can we get a zombie survival game? Something like the Call of Duty Zombie Mod...meets L4D...meets an RPG where you have a town and you and a party build a base, fortify it, go to town for food and guns. That would be awesome.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 4. Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2 were classics....3 was okay but it was not optimized and coded very well. It also was glitchy as fuck and has a few annoying quirks.

Any sequel to World of Goo, Peggle, Plants Vs. Zombies...I would play.

I'd like to see a Team Fortress 3 without all the stupid hats.

And there have been some really fun mods that I think could work as a game....Team Fortress had the best Capture The Flag of any game I can recall. There was a mod called murder ball that I would love to see remade. And Unreal Tournament had a mod similar to murder ball: a ball spawns in the middle, and you need to get the ball and score on the other team's base. I would love to see a Natural Selection or Battlegrounds game made. Actually, Natural Selection was a really awesome game...I think it's learning curve and depth turned people off to it.

Tribes: Ascend looks really sweet. I'll be playing that when it comes out.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #29
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
I like your idea. Like a Commandos style of character strengths, but you are thinking in a first person perspective?
Not a first person thing. I'd say have it play similar to MGS Portable Ops and MGS2. Just straight sneaking, not a first person shoot-em-up.

Quote:
I think the game sounds like it would fit perfectly with a linear single player part of the game that creates backgrounds for the characters. Assuming each character is a specific personality and not, like in game one, user creatable.

I would like to see this game remove itself from special ops flavours, so it carries an aesthetic far different than the standard. I'm thinking more special agent collab instead of swat team or special forces. More of a Bondsy feel.
meh
If it was single player or multi player I think it would be great. And I agree, I'd rather it not be a 'Rainbow 6' feel. I'm thinking more Mission Impossible/James Bond feel too. Both for the multi and single player versions.

MGS has such great gameplay, it's sad that the story was so deep/good that by the time MGS4 hit the game had more emphasis on the story then it did the gameplay. MGS4 even abandoned the idea of sneaking easilly.

I'd like to see a classic MGS style game, with the basic: "Soldier gets dropped in the middle of nowhere on a sneaking mission with limited supplies and gets his orders and guidance from some character via codec/radio" Obviously a good story twist here and there would be good, as long as it drives more gameplay. i.e: MGS2's part where the big shell is rigged with bombs and you have a time limit to go through almost every area to find them and neutralize them.

Last edited by TheGame : 01-24-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #30
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

An MMOSRPG set in the disgaea universe.