Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Politics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests
Old 04-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #15
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests

@Xantar: Maybe other religions are better at covering it up? I don't think many other religions have an equivelant to the pope... and I don't see it making national news every day that any other religion's 'leaders' are making an active effort to sell out each and every person who is in a high position molesting children.

Men kill, men cheat on their wives, men lie, men steal, men rape, men become preists, men become pastors, men take high positions in any given religion's structure... Just because they're preists, doesn't make them exempt from being human.

With that said, I'm sure that there's plenty of other religions that have perverted people in positions of power... either by their own standards, ot by the standards set in by law. And I'm sure there's plenty of stories about it.

So... to answer your 'point' about how the Catholic church seems to be the only corrupt one...

Here's what I think the real issue is.. The religion has too large of a power stucture, and they became too large of a group among western/free nations. They managed to make themselves into political tools, and in the effort to appear "perfect" they decided to go the route of privacy whenever something happened that would make the church look bad. (Much like many do in politics)

So when someone would report to the Pope that a guy was raping children, he thought that banning this person from the church or making them answer to the law would actually make the church look bad.. so he decided to cover it up instead. And as most political figures find out.. trying to cover things up usually ends up hurting your cause more in the end once the truth comes out.

The celibacy thing is irrelevant in my opinion.. The problem is that it's a large political secret society that doesn't want to answer to anyone, and wants to appear to be "perfect".

Last edited by TheGame : 04-07-2010 at 07:01 PM.