Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Movies & Television

The Dark Knight Rises
Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default The Dark Knight Rises

The official title for the 3rd Batman film.
Also, no Riddler in the movie.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...e-the-riddler/

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Re: The Dark Knight Rises
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Terribly boring name.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
Bube
President of the Galaxy

Now Playing: Alice: Madness Returns, WoW

What, 3rd!? I thought there were more than that?

As long as it's Nolan, I wouldn't care if it was named "Big Guy in Tight Black Suit wit Horns 3".

Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Yeah that would be an aweful title, especially because they're ears and not horns!

Old 10-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Bube
President of the Galaxy

Now Playing: Alice: Madness Returns, WoW

Haha, of course, sure!

Old 10-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:

That title smells like marketing. I know Christopher Nolan must have enough clout at this point that he could have any title he wants, so I really have to wonder about this. The Dark Knight Rises? The same title as the last film with "Rises" added to the end? Really, does anybody think he's not going to rise?

As for villains, I've already told BAB that I'm not too worried as long as it isn't Hush (a.k.a. Most Generic Batman Villain Possible). The only other villain who doesn't have superpowers is the Penguin, and he wouldn't be bad. Of course, they might decide to turn one of the villains into a realistic version, like perhaps a master of disguise named Clayface.

What would be interesting is if they did the Red Hood storyline. Obviously, it wouldn't be the resurrected Jason Todd, but the same kind of story could still explore the nature of Batman's vigilante activities and his willingness to kill. Or they could bring in the Huntress as another vigilante for him to tangle with. Plus she would bring a female into the cast.

But here's my bold prediction: the villain will be Catwoman. That's all. No, she's not really enough to carry the movie all by herself, but she doesn't have to. After all, Batman Begins wasn't about Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul. It was about Batman. The Joker overshadowed Batman in The Dark Knight, but in this third film we now have a chance to return back to the main character who is really the most interesting of them all.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed

Old 10-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #7
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

In my opinion they need a strong villain to carry this movie. For me I don't think I could watch a movie again centered around Bales Batman. It get painful.

Saying that I don't know how they can top the Joker. He is Batman's greatest villain and the performance was amazing. In my opinion this movie will be a letdown. Not a bad movie, but with all the hype and it having to follow the Dark Knight I don't think it will be as awesome.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa

I want a plot driven batman movie since it's the 3rd nolan installment.
Also, Rises is an awful name. When i first read it I thought I was misreading. Don't really care, but it is bad. They might as well have titled it, "The Next Batman without Joker as the Overwhelming Antagonist"

I have a feeling it's going to change but these types of news releases usually aren't made until they've made up the minds?

Bale's batman is awful, but I don't really blame him for it, I blame the director who has been to scared to push for a more dynamic performance. It's like he's worried about overstepping the 'seriousness of bruce' or something. Wouldn't it be great to have an emotional connection with the already alienated billionaire? Possible only if he doesn't dish each line in the marlboro, 10-drinks the-night-before voice. But, according to the title continuity reigns.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:29 AM   #9
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantar View Post
... the main character who is really the most interesting of them all.
Really? What interesting could you still tell about Batman? Batman Begins was a great movie (much better than the sequel), but I don't think I'd enjoy any more of the same.

The title made me wonder, what does the Dark Knight rise to? The air? Presidency? Or did he just build a sweet elevator in his mansion?

Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 AM   #10
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantar View Post
That title smells like marketing. I know Christopher Nolan must have enough clout at this point that he could have any title he wants, so I really have to wonder about this. The Dark Knight Rises? The same title as the last film with "Rises" added to the end? Really, does anybody think he's not going to rise?

Perhaps it was a trade off for not doing it in 3D. I can guarantee that WB would like to release it in 3D, but Nolan didn't want to. Perhaps they agreed to not do 3D if Nolan agreed to having "The Dark Knight" in the title?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

I still think Nolan has all the power in the relationship, not just because of The Dark Knight, but Inception cleaned up as well for them this past summer.

Anyhow, the name does reek of marketing, and I was upset at it, but I don't watch the name of the movie as long as he keeps the quality up there with the last two I'm golden.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 11-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS

I love 3D, but I am SO glad Nolan stuck with IMAX. The Dark Knight IMAX scenes are just beautiful. I hope he's able to do even more in IMAX, even in scenes when it's not really necessary. The more the better IMO.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #13
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post

Bale's batman is awful, but I don't really blame him for it, I blame the director who has been to scared to push for a more dynamic performance. It's like he's worried about overstepping the 'seriousness of bruce' or something. Wouldn't it be great to have an emotional connection with the already alienated billionaire? Possible only if he doesn't dish each line in the marlboro, 10-drinks the-night-before voice. But, according to the title continuity reigns.
I'm trying to formulate a response to this, but I can't actually figure out what you said. I get that you don't like the voice, but the rest reads like a series of words pertaining to a different subject altogether. You hate Bale's Batman because he's too serious? The goddamn Batman is too serious for you? I need clarification.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed

Old 11-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Not enough punch lines?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:38 AM   #15
TheSlyMoogle
Knight