Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #151
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
Edit: But being the first episode, I'm hoping all of the next will get progressively better.
Well, that was the last ep from Darabont so perhaps there will be a noticeable shift.

Obligatory Robert Kirkman iFanboy interview:

Funny as always. And shows them scenes from ep four (which we can't see) but I'm intrigued by their reactions.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #152
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Have this PVR'd thought i'd be more excited to watch it. just havent bothered yet :P

Old 10-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #153
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Blue meth in the bag of drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
Just waiting for T-Dog to come out and say it's alright if they just call him Theodore or something.
Yay. Calls himself Theodore in this last ep.

Last edited by Teuthida : 10-24-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 AM   #154
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

Vivian Volkoff is fucking hot! I would J on those Ts.

This episode was a marked improvement from s2 episode 1. Hershel Greene is a fucking psycho and they set that up nicely.

T-Dog is still annoying, and the search for Sophia is a continual low point for the show. I mean what the fuck...continuity...we are going on several days of her missing. Logically she is dead. Right? Right?

But I mostly want to J on Maggie's Ts. God damn.

Edit: What's with the running zombies. That kind of ruined it for me. Make up your mind, yo. The inconsistencies with the zombies behavior/intelligence/speed is becoming annoying.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #155
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

On The Talking Dead Kirkman said fresh zombies should have the ability to move quickly and slow down as they decompose more. But yeah, they do act too intelligent a lot of the time.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:14 AM   #156
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
On The Talking Dead Kirkman said fresh zombies should have the ability to move quickly and slow down as they decompose more. But yeah, they do act too intelligent a lot of the time.
Kirkman is the next George Lucas. I swear.

That shit is ANNOYING. Last week they couldn't squarely address why there were dead people in the cars who were not zombies.

Why can't he just be honest and say, "It's for dramatic effect. It's bad writing. It's a TV show and we are creating tension, lighten up."

If the zombies do in fact slow down as they decompose, doesn't that put a time line on their survival/existence? Wouldn't that imply that in 2 weeks all the zombies are going to be slow and survival will be a cake-walk?

Why couldn't he have just said, "the TV show isn't the comic, these zombies run occasionally." Why did he have to come up with a terrible explanation? Arrrrggg.

Otis is fat. He is a likely zombie-dinner candidate. At least according to Rule #1: Cardio

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #157
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Probably because most people don't like those type of answers and want to believe those in charge of the show know exactly what they're doing.

I figure making them more faster than in the comic might be a tradeoff for perhaps having less of them to use, especially now with the lower budget. If I recall, it was either the character just stumbling into one (which on screen can just make them look careless) or the sheer number of them making them a threat.

Oh...and answer to the dead bodies...head trauma from car accident. That works...but highly doubt was thought of before filmed.

Anyway it goes, it's Kirkman never went into any explanation on the whys and hows before. The zombies were always just the backdrop. I guess with a weekly show with call in questions, better to just make stuff up on the spot instead of saying he doesn't know or can't say....which he does do a lot.

Meh, Darryl is entertaining at least and the acting overall seemed better this week...might just be because of who got more screen time though.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #158
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Better than the last episode, but still kind of meh. They took an hour to tell about 5 minutes worth of story.

It did finish strong though, hopefully the pace will quicken from here.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #159
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

It finished strong? The whole episode I was looking forward to some zombie action. All they did was run around and lock themself in... with a small piece of metal!! And they were just watching it happen. I don't think they even looked around to see if there were any walkers behind them.

I enjoyed the episode, but everything's going so slow.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #160
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

I mean it finished strong as in something actually happened, potentially setting up a good third episode.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #161
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Yeah ok. Let's hope episode 3 will be good. But I'm afraid it will go through the whole thing in 10 minutes and spend the other 30 on some sentimental stuff. (Of which 10 minutes is about finding the girl, yay!)

Old 10-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #162
KillerGremlin
No Pants

This scene:

Maybe episode 1 was really that crappy, but I thought episode 2 was a marked improvement. Everything is rolling along except for the search for Sophia. That's dragging the show down.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #163
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

Yeah, I thought episode two was much better...Probably partly because it was the standard length. It's also good to get a new dynamic with new characters.

T-Dog! HA! It's just so bad...every line that old man has...no good.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #164
KillerGremlin
No Pants

I'm trying to not be annoyed by Dale and Andrea....

Dale was a miscast - he belongs in some family sitcom - and the bad lines they give him aren't helping. I guess I can't rag on him too much, his biggest speaking part involved a dialog with T-Dog and talking to the emotional Andrea (just kill yourself you suicidal cunt. You were a strong female lead in the comics...now you're just annoying. And I know, it's the writers fault again for that horrible CDC episode).

People/Kirkman keep saying they want to go in new directions with the TV Show, and add new stories/plot. There are sooooooo many bad ass old guys out there who can act. Why couldn't they have casted a good actor for Dale and given him a more integral role?

Last night I sat through Romero's zombie-western(ish) Survival of the Dead. This guy (Kenneth Welsh) made the movie watchable:

I mean listen to him talk about acting:

That guy is a boss. There are sooooooo many kick ass old guys in Hollywood. Guys who are Clint Eastwood-y or whatever. I don't know how they casted Dale, but it was a shit decision.

Sorry guy who is playing Dale, you belong on Everybody Loves Raymond, not a zombie-apocalypse TV show.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #165
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Man, some of you guys are being way too harsh on the show, in my opinion. If theres a human corpse in a car in the comic you'd pay it no mind, but since it's in the show it's all "What the hell, why arent these people zombies!". Maybe they didn't get bit. Maybe they died in a car accident involving all of those cars plugging up the highway. It's not like death by zombie is the only way people can die in this show.

About the zombies being fast - so what. He can do what he wants. Zombies aren't real. He can make them fly if he wants. He can give them all tophats. And if he does, that will then become fact in his universe. Vampires used to be evil terrorizing figures, then suave womanizers, then bad metrosexual actors. The cycle of imaginary monsters' behaviour usually changes from one fictional story to the next fictional story. Besides, not only are slow zombies boring, it's been raped to death. And, they're not really zombie zombies anyways.

I don't mind Dale, the character. I figured they were going for the "Everyone can survive, even nice old grandpa-types" aspect, and maybe picked a less badass dude just because it would make people care more about the character if he was a nice old man who attempts to keep spirits up rather than some grizzled old cunt who takes pleasure in decapitating infected human beings.

I think all the actors are pretty decent at their jobs. They seem like believable real people to me, most of the time. If they were hell-bent on destroying zombies (immediately from day 1) that would stretch it a little far.

I do hate the character of Andrea though. But i'm assuming/hoping they're weakening her way down to have some mega moment that will just beef that chick up into some heartless badass killer.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.