Default Madonna's Live to Tell

Thoughts?

Re: Madonna's Live to Tell
Old 04-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
Ric
Former King Of The Arcade

Now Playing: Battle Pirates / Warface / Minecraft
Default Re: Madonna's Live to Tell

I was not sure what this was about at first. It's not new to see Madonna featuring religion in one of her performances. Papa Dont Preach for example.

I thought the set was cool. Having worked on set crew for a number of school performances. I have an appreciation for such things. The lighting was good too.

Then to find out it was about aids. Now I understand what the numbers going up and up and up were about. I suppose she ought to do something to help bearing in mind she went and nicked that little black kid from Africa a while ago.

There was another undertone to it all. Correct me if I am wrong but the story being told in the back ground suggests to me that someone asked god for help and it was denied. The reason being that 'what you do to my followers you do to me' along those lines. Meaning this is your punishment for defying me. As in 'God's not gonna help, so you have to, make your pledge at www.money-makng-scam.com today.'

We know that a lot of the money sent to places in Africa as foreign Aid goes into the pockets of government officials. My old flat mate, from south africa, was of the opinion that 'It's just Gods way of culling the heard' a little calous but I can agree to some extent with his statement. I am not saying we should not help or that these people deserve what is happening to them but I am not the man to pass judgement on such issues. Why? Well, 'what if' God is real. I dont wanna argue with him.

Another point is this, and it's an age old tale, it's all about greed. We could probably make a cure, but there's no money in the cure, the money is in treatment. Harsh but true. It will be a better world when this is not so. When helping people in a lesser situation is done for no reason other than it needed to be done.
'Virtue is it's own reward' as they say.