Re: Mass Effect 3
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox 6 View Post
well I know for a fact right off the bat it matters if you saved the collector base in ME2, which splits the endings right up the middle, so it cant be 3 endings.
How do you know it matters? Have you actually played through both endings, or read plot summaries for each one?

Mass Effect has a way with taking choices you made in previous games, seeming to take them into consideration, and then sweeping them under the rug with the same outcome regardless except for one super minor difference, usually a line or two of dialogue.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
How do you know it matters? Have you actually played through both endings, or read plot summaries for each one?

Mass Effect has a way with taking choices you made in previous games, seeming to take them into consideration, and then sweeping them under the rug with the same outcome regardless except for one super minor difference, usually a line or two of dialogue.
Ive read about it not too long ago.

Basically it matters if you saved the base at all, and your galactic readiness level. 8 Ending for saved the base, 8 for destroyed the base. Each one taking into account your readiness level.

Having not played the 3rd one and not planning to, I think youre making a bit of a conclusion about choice making. A lot of stuff you did over the past 2 games comes into play here.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Combine 017
Headcrabs!

Now Playing: ...Always playing: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2:Episode One, Half-Life 2:Episode Two, TF2, EVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox 6 View Post
Ive read about it not too long ago.

Basically it matters if you saved the base at all, and your galactic readiness level. 8 Ending for saved the base, 8 for destroyed the base. Each one taking into account your readiness level.
Where the hell did you hear that? I havent seen what its like if you save the collector base though, think ill play through that way next and have Mordin alive so I can hear him sing.

For people who beat the game or dont care:
There are 3 "endings". Really, theres only one ending, no matter what path you choose(good/bad/also good) the outcome is the same. The main difference in the endings is the change of color in the final weapons energy pulse. Uber disappointing.

Last edited by Combine 017 : 03-13-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combine 017 View Post
Where the hell did you hear that? I havent seen what its like if you save the collector base though, think ill play through that way next and have Mordin alive so I can hear him sing.

For people who beat the game or dont care:
There are 3 "endings". Really, theres only one ending, no matter what path you choose(good/bad/also good) the outcome is the same. The main difference in the endings is the change of color in the final weapons energy pulse. Uber disappointing.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings