Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]

Quote:
And for the record, I only engaged because you made generic comments about all Republicans within your first few posts, not because you went after Bachman. And I don't fall for the trick of hiding baseless assertions in "jokes".
That's cool. Like I said, when I ramble on the forums it's to entertain myself and kill time. Believe me or don't, I don't mind either way.

Quote:
Ridicule is actually one of Saul Alinsky' "Rules for Radicals" because the person making the false or ignorant assertions can't held accountable because he "is just joking". This is why I have always had an issue with Michael Moore and to an extent, Jon Stewart. They are intellectual cowards.
See, though - the thing is I do it about everything. With my liberal friends (Dylan, for example), to stir the pot when I'm bored I'll say some anti-gay shit, or some pro-republican shit - things that the group of people I'm with would most likely disagree with. I just say outlandish things, and then like to sit back and watch what occurs. I have my own beliefs, and my own views, but I rarely seriously talk about them in my every day life. I joke about everything, all the time. Not just republicans. Not just anti-Democrats. Literally everything.

It just happens that since this is a forum where I kill time, it all gets concentrated here.

Quote:
The bottom line is you find it your jokes funny because you think your comedy is based in truth, and I will always point out when you are being false regardless of whether or not you are "joking".
Actually that's not it at all. I find what I do entertaining because it's so easy to get people riled up.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.