Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Movies & Television

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 09-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #796
Bube
President of the Galaxy

Now Playing: Alice: Madness Returns, WoW
Default Re: Last movies you saw

I think we should have a "last movies watched" forum. Every movie watched should be a new thread, and after 1 week of inactivity, the thread should be deleted automatically. What does everybody think?

Old 09-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #797
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

^ Sounds like a good idea. Folks would be more inclined to write a bit more.

Little Nicky
It was fun. And now I know where the portal from hell is in NYC. Was also nice to see Chubbs from Happy Gilmore again.

They edited out the twin towers from the DVD case and posters:

Did they think seeing the towers there would distract from sales or something? Know of any other censoring of this sort?

Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #798
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
Sunshine Cleaning

This was an okay film. I enjoy watching Amy Adams; she's like a slightly less awkward Pam from The Office. The film had wonderful cinematography and I thought several of the setting shots and compositions were very nice. The rest of the film was cute and quirky. It was weird seeing Alan Arkin (the Grandpa) in Sunshine Cleaning after his role as the Grandpa in Little Miss Sunshine. All in all I would recommend it as a renter, but titles with "sunshine" that are better include (but are not limited to): Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Little Miss Sunshine.
Exactly. An okay film. Enjoyable, nothing more nothing less.
Can't argue if you agree with eachother.

I saw Into The Wild. 8/10. Great movie. And to think it's (based on?) a real story.
Those Danes were crazy. Don't think all Europeans are crazy like that.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #799
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
Idiocracy. This is a cult classic in the making. Goddamn hilarious and dead on satire.
I just saw this recently as well. The movie itself wasn't the best constructed thing, but the general concept and the gags involved were outright brilliant and hilarious. I'm a big Mike Judge fan, and it's a shame this film didn't get the dues it deserved. Of course no production team will promote a film that basically calls its audience idiots.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #800
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

The Informant

It is a pretty funny movie, and a change of roles for Matt Damon. His design just made me chuckle everytime I saw it.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 09-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #801
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa

Who Am I - Jackie Chan film, most fans would have seen this by now; somehow it's taken me this long. Excellent film. Some bad-bad guy acting but good 2 on 1 fight near the end and decent production. I highly recommend this metaphoricalfull Jackie Chan beauty from 1998.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #802
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - I liked it even though not much actually happened.

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pros: Beautiful backgrounds. Solid voice acting.
Cons: Everything else.

I was so bored watching this I had to take a break in the middle. It's only an hour long so that's saying something. The entire movie is basically one big slugfest, which wouldn't have been so bad if the animation was any good. Horrible character designs that moved chunkily through monotonous fight scenes. (Minor grievance but they changed the ending from the comic taking the glory away from my boy Captain Atom. Can't a nuclear man get any love?)

Old 09-21-2009, 04:55 AM   #803
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Star Wars movies in HD.

Especially episode 4 got a lot more emotional after the first 3.
Other thoughts: Can't believe how boring 1 and 2 are. They don't have any emotion. It's only a blast and saber fest, nothing more. Those actors didn't act. 3 finally got some emotion into the play, mostly when Anakin turns evil.
5 is overrated. Some parts are pretty slow. 6 is still my favorite. I think.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #804
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
[b]
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pros: Beautiful backgrounds. Solid voice acting.
Cons: Everything else.

I was so bored watching this I had to take a break in the middle. It's only an hour long so that's saying something. The entire movie is basically one big slugfest, which wouldn't have been so bad if the animation was any good. Horrible character designs that moved chunkily through monotonous fight scenes. (Minor grievance but they changed the ending from the comic taking the glory away from my boy Captain Atom. Can't a nuclear man get any love?)
Well they changed a bit of the story around, like framing Superman for murder, which makes more sense than the comics, and some other stuff.

I thought it was okay, but expected more of a slugfest, most of the fights were over too fast.

At least they had the robot!

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 09-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #805
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling

Was gonna see Surrogates but it was opening night and the movie isn't getting great reviews so I didn't feel getting to the theater early for tickets....so saw Julie and Julia. It's a good thing Amy Adams is a very charming actress because the "Julie" part of the movie is no where as interesting as the "Julia Child" part. Speaking of "Julia Child," Meryl Streep really nailed the role in my opinion....if you haven't seen Julia Child's cooking show on TV I would recommend it as a starting point before you consider the movie. Meryl Streep is such a good actress. How does she do it?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #806
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

I caught a double feature of The Unknown and Freaks, both films directed by Tod Browning in the late 20's/early 30's.

Both stories center around circus and sideshow performers, with Freaks actually using real siamese twins, little people, a man who was only a torso, people with no arms, etc. actual sideshow performers of the day.

Going into it, I thought it would be very exploitive of the "freaks", but they were actually the heroes of the film and the "normal" people being the evildoers. It was surprisingly intense and way better than I expected.

The Unknown was a bit more silly, but starred a deranged Lon Chaney and a super hot young Joan Crawford. Something about those flapper girls...total babes. The best part about the screening was that they had a live piano player improvise a score during the film (it is a silent flick). That kind of stuff is just really cool.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #807
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Carriers (I pronounced it as 'carreers' (in Dutch) but I don't think the cashier got the joke ) 7/10
Pretty enjoyable movie about 4 friends who try to survive in a post-pandemic world. If you get infected you die, so you stay away from all the ill people. You don't help them, because they're basically already dead.
Has some good scenes, but I didn't care one bit for the characters.

Bedtime Stories 8/10
Saw this with 5 friends on Bluray. Adam Sandler is a likable guy and the 2 children were funny. A feel-good family movie.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #808
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

Saw The Informant last night with Fox.

Great movie. One of the funniest I have seen this year. Matt Damon did a great job

Old 09-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #809
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Yes, a very funny movie.

That being said, it better to go into it knowing as little as possible about the story. I knew some of his secret motives going in, and it kinda knocked the wind out of the sails.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #810
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox 6 View Post
Yes, a very funny movie.

That being said, it better to go into it knowing as little as possible about the story. I knew some of his secret motives going in, and it kinda knocked the wind out of the sails.
And told me those secrets.