The Game – Notorious
Jason1 – Magnifico!
Jewels – Screwball
Dyne – Organist
The Germanator – Gracious
DarkMaster – Ominous
Ginkasa – Superior
Vampyr - Intelligent

~ Ok everyone, this is my story. It is going to be funny, dramatic, action, and even some mysterious features. You will not get a lot of the jokes and things that happen to characters if you don’t use the above list of people and their one word description of them. I will write this story in chapters, because no one wants to read the whole thing at once. ~

The Virus

Chapter 1

Random Perfection selected the most interesting topic on the general discussion board. He did this all day long. He feared that he had possibly become addicted to this internet, to this abomination that had so easily and skillfully taken hold of his life and would not unclench its unyielding fist. He was caught in the web, and he would never go back.

The topic was interesting enough, and in the subject line it said “READ NOW!” The topic starter was none other than Neo -- the mysterious man who governed the message boards, and so rarely posted. Random realized that this post was of the utmost importance, and he immediately clicked. It was odd, how this internet controlled him. The post contained a lengthy essay about “Veteran Rings”. Random just skimmed it, but he understood. Neo was going to be sending out rings to the most loyal and devoted Game Tavern members. It was pure gold, with a small “GT” etched into it. It gave a list of members who would receive one. Random just nodded in approval and clicked the back button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within weeks, each member on the list had received a ring. They each investigated it before placing it upon their ring finger. They found it odd that on the inside of each ring was one word that seemed to perfectly describe them. They all thought it was coincidence, and went about their daily routine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, while setting in front of his monitor, Dyflon felt a painful prick on his ring finger. He looked down at his hand and saw a dark green goop running out from under the edges of the golden GT ring. He quickly snatched at his hand and gripped the ring. He started to pull it off, using all his strength. The ring slid quickly down his finger, peeling away the flesh like the rind on an apple. He let out a scream that would have made the Sirens draw back in fear, his brain and finger inflamed with an indescribable agony, it was as though every nerve in his body had a torch held to it, and the pain was so unbearable that he passed out onto the floor of his room, his body already drenched in a sickly cold sweat, and the blood on his finger ran green.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each member who had received the ring had a similar experience. During their sleep, men dressed in black SWAT uniforms forced their way into their houses. When they discovered another person in the house, such as a family member, they were instantly shot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each member awoke in a frigid metal room. The walls were constructed of riveted steel, and the rooms were so sickly clean that they radiated an antiseptic smell that made the brain nocuous.
Vampyr was one of these members. When he woke up he could still feel a pounding in his head, and the green blood still oozed around his finger. He had only slipped the ring halfway off, so every time he moved his hand, it slid further down, peeling the skin away from his finger. He clenched his jaw, and ripped it the rest of the way off. He didn’t scream. He knew that whatever bastards had brought him here would like that. He used his other hand to rip off a piece of his shirt and wrapped it around the sickly green finger.

He sat in the middle of the room, breathing heavily. His brain was still muddled, and he didn’t understand what was happening. He attempted to calm his nerves. He thought about home, he considered the possibility that this was a dream, and a billion other things. In the end though, he knew it was reality. The room was too solid, to clean. TO DAMN CLEAN! He threw his damaged fist against the wall in front of him. The pain blinded his minds eye for a second, just for a second. He hit the wall again. He continued to hit it until he could no longer feel his fingers, his hand, or his arm. The green substance seemed to me infecting his arm, crawling up his veins and creating a web of lines up his arm. It was going for his heart. He knew it, because everything always went for the heart.

He gave up punching the wall, and turned around and slumped against it. As soon as he did so, he gasped. There had been a girl sitting behind him the entire time. Her hair dropped down to her shoulders, and was of a light brown. Her eyes cut into him, burning his mind further. She wasn’t tall at all, only about 5’3’’, but of astounding beauty. She sat with her legs crossed, more alert than any human he had ever seen. She just watched him, her eyes swimming portals to another world, and she seemed to know. He didn’t know what made him think this, but he could just tell that she knew, everything. He crept closer to her, on his hands and knees. And reached out with is one good hand, not daring to stain her with his green stub. He was a fraction of an inch from her face when she changed, not visibly, but somehow she changed! Half of his mind and body realized and recognized one thing about this situation: he was at peace. He could not imagine himself being any happier than he was at this moment. Warmth that was indescribable covered his entire body, and he had found his utopia. The other half was frozen. It was so cold and barren that he knew the only way to shed this unspeakable tundra from his mind was to touch her. But it was so cold, so damn cold, that if he moved the frozen blood would shatter and break, and he would die. But he had to touch her. This would be the only way to find true peace, and he had to do it! But he didn’t, he just continued to breath, and quake with the permafrost that had once been his body. The girl spoke, “I am EDEN.”

Thus the first chapter ends. I havnt started to use any of the one word descriptions yet, but this is an introduction. How was it?

Old 09-10-2003, 09:32 PM   #2
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Pretty good. It isn't perfect (there are a few minor mistakes and its a little short) but its pretty good.

Much better read than Dyflon's thing.

*shrugs and walks away*

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 09-10-2003, 09:35 PM   #3
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Quote:
Pretty good. It isn't perfect (there are a few minor mistakes and its a little short) but its pretty good.

I came close to pleasing Ginkasa!!! Sweet. Its a short story anyway, if I made each section longer, it would take a while.

Im going to respect Dyflon and not post another chapter until his is finished. I just wanted to get some feedback and know what to do for the next few chapters. Which will be longer, okay Ginkasa?

Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus
Old 09-10-2003, 09:42 PM   #4
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12
Default Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkasa

*shrugs and walks away*
That really hurt my feelings. I try to do something people can enjoy and you have nothing but bad things to say about it. Well you know what Ginkasa? You should go **** yourself.

Oh, and Vampyr. Feel free to post your story.

Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus
Old 09-10-2003, 11:03 PM   #5
Jonbo298
Freaky me Freaky you

Now Playing:
Default Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus

Pretty good so far. I wonder how my character will turn out with the laziness

Credit to Null for sig

Re: Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus
Old 09-10-2003, 11:04 PM   #6
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:
Default Re: Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus

Will my lying come at the expense of the live's of others?

Old 09-10-2003, 11:13 PM   #7
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylflon
That really hurt my feelings. I try to do something people can enjoy and you have nothing but bad things to say about it. Well you know what Ginkasa? You should go **** yourself.

Oh, and Vampyr. Feel free to post your story.

Aw comon man...simmah down nah...I didnt even read your story, except for the first chapter...I still respect you for putting all that time an effort into it though.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:17 PM   #8
ZebraRampage

Now Playing: Borderlands 2

I hope that when you write about my word, yummy, that you tie it in with Gravy somehow. Er...nvm...don't ask...

Oh yeah, also, great start Vampyr. Very descriptive, and everything you said made me think.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:23 AM   #9
Ace195
Full Spectrum Warrior

Now Playing: BattleField1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr
The girl spoke, “I am EDEN.”

Thus the first chapter ends. I havnt started to use any of the one word descriptions yet, but this is an introduction. How was it?

It was great. Its really well written for being of the short story nature. It's better than Dyflons for many reasons one being it's not BASED ON A MOVIE as I can tell yet anyways. And two the intro is interesting IE the green "blood" oozing from wounds. Great intro. Ooh. and there is a 3 you almost pleased Ginkasa

Old 09-11-2003, 06:55 AM   #10
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
It was great. Its really well written for being of the short story nature. It's better than Dyflons for many reasons one being it's not BASED ON A MOVIE as I can tell yet anyways. And two the intro is interesting IE the green "blood" oozing from wounds. Great intro. Ooh. and there is a 3 you almost pleased Ginkasa
Thanks for the great feedback and comments, Ace! It touches me, right here. *points at heart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster
Will my lying come at the expense of the live's of others?
Probably

Also, for anyone interested, I named the girl Eden, because she is based on my girlfriend; Eden. But yeah, this story isnt based on any books or movies. Its straight out of my head, (scary, huh?)

Old 09-11-2003, 09:23 AM   #11
jeepnut
Mr. Sarcasm

Now Playing:

No, what would be scary is if it is based off of your real life story.

"Truth is not determined by a majority vote." - Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981
"Abortion is mean." - Rock For Life
"Remember men, we're all in the same boat - and women are on the shore, laughing." - Red Green

Old 09-11-2003, 11:58 AM   #12
Happydude
Tavern Legend

Now Playing:

very nice start...it's really...ummm...you know...stressfull? no...wait...god damn it! whats the word im lookin for...argh...you know...it makes you anticipate the next chapter...argh...whatever.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:27 PM   #13
jeepnut
Mr. Sarcasm

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude666
very nice start...it's really...ummm...you know...stressfull? no...wait...god damn it! whats the word im lookin for...argh...you know...it makes you anticipate the next chapter...argh...whatever.
Suspenseful.

"Truth is not determined by a majority vote." - Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981
"Remember men, we're all in the same boat - and women are on the shore, laughing." - Red Green

Re: Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus
Old 09-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #14
Happydude
Tavern Legend

Now Playing:
Default Re: Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnut
Suspenseful.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus
Old 09-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #15
jeepnut
Mr. Sarcasm

Now Playing:
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Next Story, Part 2. Title: The Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude666
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
You're welcome.