Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Mass Effect
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Mass Effect

Anyone else getting this best-thing-ever-to-grace-a-platform game?

Re: Mass Effect
Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Mass Effect

I have no idea what it even is.

But what the hell, I'll get it.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post

do you even have to ask.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
http://masseffect.bioware.com/_commonext/images/me/cover/masseffect_box_cover_01_532x748.jpg

Well I think you missed the Super Mario Galaxy thread down beneath it.

But I do have interest in getting this game as well. Maybe for X-Mas.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
I have no idea what it even is.

But what the hell, I'll get it.
Do you have an xbox 360?? gamertag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 11-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #6
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

It was mentioned in a list of about 50 games I had to decline a pre-order to when I purchased a rechargeable battery pack from Gamestop...

But I've stockpiled a number of cheap games from half.com... I'll probably get around to Mass Effect when it doesn't cost 60 bucks...
Though Assassin's Creed sounds and looks a tad bit more interesting to my senses...

Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #7
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

So wait, we're all supposed to just blindly forget Halo 3 and BioShock the minute the next good 360 game comes out?

When did loyalty get tossed out the window? When did this new trend of treating video games like 12 cent hookers take place? Should I just kick Mario Galaxy to the curb as soon as Smash comes out?

I pray to Allah you don't treat relationships the way you treat video games.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:42 AM   #8
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster View Post
So wait, we're all supposed to just blindly forget Halo 3 and BioShock the minute the next good 360 game comes out?

When did loyalty get tossed out the window? When did this new trend of treating video games like 12 cent hookers take place? Should I just kick Mario Galaxy to the curb as soon as Smash comes out?

I really don't know, but it seems to be a new 360 thing. It has been dubbed the Game of the Month club.

So far off the top of my hand is Forza 2, The Darkness, Bioshock, Halo 3, GRAW 2, Vegas, Gears of War, perfect Dark, CoD 4 and Crackdown.

Seems like mass effect will join the club soon enough.

The best way to judge is just watch your buddy list. Generally, you will see everyone playing one game.. and then they go back to normal game until the next one hits.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Old 11-11-2007, 01:49 AM   #9
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

Crackdown is more than a Game of the Month. It's still one of the best games on the platform. Same with COD4, easily the best shooter of this generation.

Bioshock was indeed a GOTM, because it sucked. It was more of a game of the hour. Halo 3 made for a good month, but after playing COD4, it would be hard to go back.

As for Mass Effect, I can't watch a demo of it without losing interest. Not even going to bother renting this one.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
DarkMaster
I am not a smart person

Now Playing: Life

Yes.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
I really don't know, but it seems to be a new 360 thing. It has been dubbed the Game of the Month club.

So far off the top of my hand is Forza 2, The Darkness, Bioshock, Halo 3, GRAW 2, Vegas, Gears of War, perfect Dark, CoD 4 and Crackdown.

Seems like mass effect will join the club soon enough.

The best way to judge is just watch your buddy list. Generally, you will see everyone playing one game.. and then they go back to normal game until the next one hits.
Since when does anybody quote and respond to a GameMaster post with serious thought and tentative agreement?

It seems like it would make sense that games which receive almost unanimous praise in reviews would turn some heads... Particularly if they're made by say, Bioware... Or contain the word "Halo" followed, perhaps, by a number or subtitle...

Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #12
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

so who has this? Ive heard mixed reviews. Anyone care to give their two cents?

Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #13
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Well, I was going to buy it, but then my parents informed me they bought it for me for Christmas. So now it's the waiting game.

I'm sure you won't regret buying it if you do.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster View Post

Well, lets put it this way:

If you were a regular joe schmo, and in September a gorgeous, large breasted and plump assed woman came up to you and said "I want to suck your %$&@", you'd be ecstatic.

Now its October, and while you have enjoyed your hot chick all month, a Playboy playmate comes up to you and says "I want you to pound my Vag". While you've spent a wonderful month with the hot chick, its pretty hard to pass up the playmate, especially when its only been a month with the hot chick.

Now its November, and a young, pre-Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie walks up to you and says she wants to "fulfill every fantasy you've ever had with a woman". Score. Goodbye playmate, at least for now.

This is the plight of the 360 owner. There are so many options with a new great game seemingly coming out every month. Its not a bad thing. Its a goooooood thing. In the end, its what convinced me to pick up a 360 before a Wii.

Meanwhile the Wii owner is satisfied with one very hot chick, who he has a on and off relationship with over 20 years and he won't see for a few more weeks. In the mean time he spends all his time talking and thinking about her until she gets here again. In common terms, thats referred to as "pussy whipped".

But leave it to Nintendoids to try and spin the fact that 360 has such a great library into a BAD thing. Kind of funny.

Last edited by Professor S : 11-25-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #15
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
Well, lets put it this way:

If you were a regular joe schmo, and in September a gorgeous, large breasted and plump assed woman came up to you and said "I want to suck your %$&@", you'd be ecstatic.

Now its October, and while you have enjoyed your hot chick all month, a Playboy playmate comes up to you and says "I want you to pound my Vag". While you've spent a wonderful month with the hot chick, its pretty hard to pass up the playmate, especially when its only been a month with the hot chick.

Now its November, and a young, pre-Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie walks up to you and says she wants to "fulfill every fantasy you've ever had with a woman". Score. Goodbye playmate, at least for now.

This is the plight of the 360 owner. There are so many options with a new great game seemingly coming out every month. Its not a bad thing. Its a goooooood thing. In the end, its what convinced me to pick up a 360 before a Wii.

Meanwhile the Wii owner is satisfied with one very hot chick, who he has a on and off relationship with over 20 years and he won't see for a few more weeks. In the mean time he spends all his time talking and thinking about her until she gets here again. In common terms, thats referred to as "pussy whipped".

But leave it to Nintendoids to try and spin the fact that 360 has such a great library into a BAD thing. Kind of funny.

That basically sums it up pretty good. Theres been so many great titles coming out, it boggles the mind. All I have to say is that thank god its the holiday season, or else i would have to pay for all of the games i wanted.