Old 04-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: Game of Thrones Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
Because I was involved.
I noticed before when you were talking about it, and Strangler commented on it - and after I talked about it - when two other people commented on it, it was completely accepted.
No matter what I say this forum will disagree.
I'll be pro-abortion and there'd be a "Wait a minute, let's not throw the life of a child away, here, you asshole", but if I say pro-life it would be "Let those women make their own choice, you dick." Eeeeeeoooore.
^
That was just joke, comrade, no need to reply.
----
I will now keep my posts very short.

I internetted it, and the Direwolves are CGI. Wolves look good, very real.
Good wolves.
Show is good.
Excited for Sunday.

*shrugs and walks away*
It had nothing to do with you being involved, it had to do with how long it went on for without any other lines of discussion coming up.

I felt like after everything we said, you included, Angrist would have dropped the non-issue.

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2
Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #32
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
I internetted it, and the Direwolves are CGI. Wolves look good, very real.
Good wolves.[/i]
Yeah, my friends who watch the show also thought they were CGI, but really good ones.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #33
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
I don't watch the show, so this is the best thing I can do. But ok, carry on.
I know it's a free internet and all that, but if you're not watching the show, why are you bitching about the show in this thread?

That's just obnoxious. Especially since A Song of Ice and Fire would be a shitty name for a TV show. It's kind of a bad name for the series of books even.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #34
ZebraRampage

Now Playing: Borderlands 2

I thought that the first episode was pretty good, but this season had best be longer than 10 episodes if they want to fit in all of the necessary details. This book has a few more plot lines than AGoT.

Has anyone else wondered what's going to happen when the HBO series gets to AFFC and aDwD? Since the two books split the characters up, it might be hard to potray that on the screen. I have a feeling that they're going to combine the two books to match chronologically. Martin only wrote them like that because the 4th book would be too long if he had all of the plot lines laid out in one book.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #35
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Quote:
Has anyone else wondered what's going to happen when the HBO series gets to AFFC and aDwD? Since the two books split the characters up, it might be hard to potray that on the screen. I have a feeling that they're going to combine the two books to match chronologically. Martin only wrote them like that because the 4th book would be too long if he had all of the plot lines laid out in one book.

What I've gathered from overhearing those who've read them is that the show will be more chronological, and things from later books will happen earlier in the show if that's when they actually happen in the book.
I remember overhearing that the show will not be "book for book", but rather the entire timeline as it is meant to be. So things from the 3rd book might have happened in Season 1, or will happen in Season 2 simply because that's when they're meant to be happening. Like I said though, I haven't read the books and I'm only basing that on what I've heard from those who have.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #36
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraRampage View Post
I thought that the first episode was pretty good, but this season had best be longer than 10 episodes if they want to fit in all of the necessary details. This book has a few more plot lines than AGoT.

I'm pretty sure its been confirmed that, assuming the series make it that far, those two books will be combined over multiple seasons. They've also generally agreed that ASoS and on will probably take more than one season per book, so...

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 04-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #37
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

I'm just afraid that the last 2 books won't be ready before they're ready to make those seasons. They'll either have to wait a few years for him to finish the books... or they'll make it based on a general description from Martin, while he'll finish the books later.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #38
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

I'm more worried that he's going to die before he ever finishes.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #39
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
I'm just afraid that the last 2 books won't be ready before they're ready to make those seasons. They'll either have to wait a few years for him to finish the books... or they'll make it based on a general description from Martin, while he'll finish the books later.

Let's see (assuming they do split later books into two seasons)...

ASoS pt.1: 2013
ASoS pt. 2: 2014
"AFfC" pt. 1: 2015
"AFfC" pt. 2: 2016
"ADwD" pt. 1: 2017
"ADwD" pt. 2: 2018

So, it'll probably be six years before the TV show gets to the point the books are at and that's assuming they don't split later books into more than 2 seasons as has also been suggested. There was a 5 year gap between ASoS and AFfC and a 6 year gap between AFfC and ADwD, so there could be room for concern.

However, GRRM apparently had several issues getting those two books written. I don't want to go into details due to inadvertent spoilers, but suffice to say those issues are supposedly taken care of. We've gotten past the point that GRRM was stuck at for so long, so there should theoretically be a smaller wait for TWoW and then again for ADoS.

Anyway, like Vampyr said, its more likely that GRRM will up and die before the series is finished ("pull a Jordan" if you like tasteless references to dead authors).

Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #40
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Hm why do you assume they'll split books into two seasons? Did they mention that?
I think that would maybe be stretching it too thin... especially considering that AFfC and ADwD were originally just 1.5 book.
I also heard from others that there's not too much happening in A Feast for Crows. Hopefully ADwD made up for it?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #41
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

GRRM and the showrunners have discussed it. Also, stuff happens in AFfC, its just not on the scale of ASoS or with the characters most people wanted to see.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #42
ZebraRampage

Now Playing: Borderlands 2

Everything about this season seems kind of thrown together. Were the scenes for each character a little bit longer in season 1, or am I imagining things? I know that there are more plot lines in A Clash of Kings.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #43
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

I praise this shows use of naked ladies being naked as much as nakedly possible.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #44
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Quote:
Everything about this season seems kind of thrown together. Were the scenes for each character a little bit longer in season 1, or am I imagining things? I know that there are more plot lines in A Clash of Kings.
I think you answered your own question there. There are a lot of plot lines to deal with at once. I imagine as the season goes on they'll focus in on a few of them. Dany, for example, has had relatively little screen time so far. But some big things happen to her in this book.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #45
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12

Quote:
Last season, more characters were together so it didn't feel so spread out to switch between them. With everybody being separated now, it's going to feel more like you're just getting little snippets here and there.