Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

OMG! IT'S A(NOTHER) WOOT-OFF!!! ... AGAIN!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS
Default OMG! IT'S A(NOTHER) WOOT-OFF!!! ... AGAIN!

I'm surprised they're having another one so soon. I expect this one to be pretty short. But perhaps they'll give out the Bag O' Crap that they didn't give out last time.

Dah I'm tired so this will be short.

Woot.com

And of course here's the Theme for Wooting Off:

Re: OMG! IT'S A(NOTHER) WOOT-OFF!!! ... AGAIN!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Default Re: OMG! IT'S A(NOTHER) WOOT-OFF!!! ... AGAIN!

well the item im looking at right now sucks. A 4 dollar back up alarm for your car?

This wont sell fast...

Old 10-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
manasecret
aka George Washington

Yeah they've had that back-up alarm before, and *peeyoo* what a stinker.
Like the theme says, who would ever buy this dumb thing? You couldn't pay me to buy it. But someone does. And not just one! Like, let's see.... 1300 people to be exact paid $4 plus $5 shipping for it.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Im thinking about getting this 30Gb Zune for only 99 bucks that they have up right now.

But its refurbished and that worries me...hmmmm...what to do...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
manasecret
aka George Washington

Personally I avoid the refurbs, since Woot is not customer friendly when it comes to returns of defective products (though I've heard they're more lenient with refurbs).

Quoted from their FAQ:
Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?
No. Well, not really. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on eBay. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.
How do I return a defective product?
Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven't dissuaded you, email rma@woot.com with your woot order number, the name of the product you are returning, and the detailed problem with the item. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren't likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that's all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling customer service for that product.

They're not known for good customer service. But it's part of their charm, since they're also typically honest about the pros and cons of the products they sell.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #6
manasecret
aka George Washington

Hahaha I love Woot. I was able to get in for 3 for the Bandolier of Carrots! Oh joy! Here's the description of what I'll be getting:

Quote:
As usual, we promise nothing about the quality or the desirability of these bags or their contents, except to promise that their quality will be low and their desirability will be non-existent. The best quantity you could possibly order would be ZERO.

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v2.0:
I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond one bag of some kind and your chosen quantity of crappy items (which should be THREE).
II. Thou shalt not whine and complain when some people’s crap turns out to be nicer than yours.
III. Thou shalt take a moment to consider whether you might be better off just not buying this crap.
IV. Thou shalt not order just one crap and blame it on anything but your own inattention.
V. To paraphrase Stephen Stills, shalt thou not get the crap you want, want the crap you get.
  • The crap will be shipped via SmartPost, the crappiest shipping method available to us.