Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Music

R. Kelly - Trapped in the Closet
Old 04-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default R. Kelly - Trapped in the Closet

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74583886026984

I know I am behind the curve on this one, but I saw the first ten or so chapters of "Trapped in the Closet" for the first time today. All I have to say is, what the fuck was R. Kelly thinking? I sincerely hope he did not take this seriously and simply viewed it as a way to make money.

Thoughts?

I especially enjoyed this review of the DVD on Amazon:

"Trapped in the Closet is a a work of unadulterated, if perhaps unintentional, genius which rests comfortably alongside the work of
Bunuel and Dali. What begins as a stereotypical melodrama quickly escalates into an epic farce which gleefully subverts our conception of what is possible and impossible. Lines like "he's opening the dresser / I pull out my berreta" and "then the midget takes his inhaler out" elevate R. Kelly's meisterwerk into storytelling genius. The subtle touches, like the fact that the midget has asthma, or that the Cop's wife is allergic to cherry pie, are like the details in a Bosch, giving life to the hellscape of modern life and revealing to us, in an age when we find ourselves drawn increasingly apart, that we are all connected in ways which may never be revealed to us, until we are forced into the closet by the unexpected arrival of a one night stand's spouse. R. Kelly's narrative interludes, delivered from inside the closet, remind us of the intent of the artist in orchestrating events, and casts R. Kelly into the mold of a sympathetic but ultimately helpless creator. By revealing to the audience both his control over evetns and his ultimate helplessness, he reminds us strikingly of Humbert Humbert in his asides to the jury.

Also, the most important thing to remember while watching is that R. Kelly peed on a 14 year old girl."

Re: R. Kelly - Trapped in the Closet
Old 04-13-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360
Default Re: R. Kelly - Trapped in the Closet

Earl says i should make fun of you

so here we go.......

*clears throat*

HA

Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power

Never actually listened/watched it. But I did see MadTV's Trapped in the Cupboard. That was enough for me.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

I was huge fan of the first few chapters when they came out back in '05 or whenever it was. I thought he was being kinda serious and that just made it amazing. However, in further chapters he got a bit more ridiculous with the midget and all of that and I think he embraced the silliness of it which just made it worse.

My final verdict is that it is still a good romp. Something good to have a drinking game to. I have chapters 1-12 on DVD