Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Movies & Television

Beavis and Butt-head possibily returning to the airwaves
Old 07-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Storm Eagle
Saved by...

Now Playing:
Default Beavis and Butt-head possibily returning to the airwaves

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/07/07/mi...-head-revival/

I thought Mike Judge was through with animation though. Anyway, this is actually one of the few revivals I find I could easily welcome just fine. Also, as sad as this may sound, this is like the only thing that could make me pay attention to MTV again. Of course, that's provided MTV does accept this. If not, then fuck MTV. Fuck MTV with a brick.

"Love, class, means never having to say 'I'm pregnant'". - Vinnie Barbarino - Welcome Back, Kotter

Re: Beavis and Butt-head possibily returning to the airwaves
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Default Re: Beavis and Butt-head possibily returning to the airwaves

Very strange. I wouldn't think of Mike Judge as the type of guy who would dig this back, but I'd probably watch it. I'm not so certain that the whole "make fun of music videos" thing is still quite as relevant as regular MTV doesn't really play many videos anymore, but I find the idea of Beavis cracking jokes at a Lady Gaga video fairly appealing.

Re: Beavis and Butt-head possibily returning to the airwaves
Old 07-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS
Default Re: Beavis and Butt-head possibily returning to the airwaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Germanator View Post
Very strange. I wouldn't think of Mike Judge as the type of guy who would dig this back, but I'd probably watch it. I'm not so certain that the whole "make fun of music videos" thing is still quite as relevant as regular MTV doesn't really play many videos anymore, but I find the idea of Beavis cracking jokes at a Lady Gaga video fairly appealing.
It would be a lot of fun to see them cracking jokes at today's music videos. Hell, it would actually make me watch the videos in the first place. I'd watch the Great Cornholio and Butthead again. I think there was a lot of room for Mike Judge to add ideas and improve the show with the experience he has now from the long years of King of the Hill. B&B was good stuff when I was a kid, but most of it is unwatchable today, and not because the humor was so crass but because much of it is very obviously Mike Judge getting his feet wet with writing episodes and the humor.