Default LOST 02/25/09

Whatsa going to happen tonights?

Re: LOST 02/25/09
Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: LOST 02/25/09

It's kind of already been revealed what this episode is going to be about... should still be good, though.

I might have to run back from dinner tonight to catch the opening minutes.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox 6 View Post
Whatsa going to happen tonights?
I think tonight reveals what happens between the time Locke left the island and when he died.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Wow.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Friggin awesome.

Was waiting for Matthew to come back, then that thing happened hahahahha

Old 02-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #6
Swan
Hey It's AIDS

Now Playing:

Who is more evil!?

Linus or Whitmore?

WHO!?!?!?!!?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Finally watched it last night. It was indeed good.

I think Locke is my favorite character and this season has really solidified that.

The IGN review has a good bit:

Quote:
The John Locke resurrected after the plane crash, much like Christian Shephard, appears to be a changed man. Being given life after death obviously sparks a metamorphosis for Locke and we are presented a man who is brimming with far more confidence and a renewed sense of purpose. He's a far cry from the man who we witnessed throughout the episode and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this John Locke and how he will factor into this coming "war." I have a feeling that this Locke will see right through the lies of both Widmore and Linus who at this point are both the villains of the series.
I also lost a lot of respect for Jack in this episode. What a jackass he was to Locke in the hospital. The difference between Jack and Locke is Locke has always been so firm and unwavering in his beliefs.

While Jack, is so easily swayed by those around him. Just take a look at how many times Ben has manipulated Jack. Jack has gone from hating Ben and not trusting him to completely trusting in him. He's just such a weak character.

In the earlier seasons, I liked him because he took it upon himself to kind of act as the Shepherd for all the people who crashed with him on the island. But over the course of the series, he's just become weaker and weaker.

Meanwhile, Sawyer has grown to become significantly more likable. He started off as jerk and only looking at for himself. In a way, it seems like he's kind of taken over Jack's role on the island. He kind of watches out for everyone and even though he doesn't like to reveal his emotions, he's demonstrated that he cares for the people he's with, like Jin, Juliet, Hurley, and Kate.

And of course, I could fully count on Hurley acting like a fucking idiot again this episode. The way he reacts to seeing Locke was just so goddamn stupid.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #8
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12

It's actually the weakness that Jack has that makes him a strong character.

They write him as a guy who basically consistently makes bad decisions (except sometimes) and can't handle pressure.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
Bube
President of the Galaxy

Now Playing: Alice: Madness Returns, WoW

Ok, for anyone who hasn't watched the episode, this is going to have some spoilers so be warned.

Here's something that hit me. You know how everybody was around Locke after the new crash, and there was a campfire and stuff. It all seemed familiar. Like the first episode of the show. And all the missing people. And the "were you on the plane?" dialogue. And the resurrection of the man in the coffin on the flight. This all made me think, what if the first crash was somebody else trying to get to the island, and our beloved Losties were just the expendable passengers on the flight? Maybe not expendable to the people that made them get on the flight (Abaddon telling Locke to go on the roundabout, for example), but expendable to the other people who were looking for the island.

I can't really fill in the missing pieces myself, as I can't remember much from the previous seasons, but just a little theory..

Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bube View Post
Ok, for anyone who hasn't watched the episode, this is going to have some spoilers so be warned.

Here's something that hit me. You know how everybody was around Locke after the new crash, and there was a campfire and stuff. It all seemed familiar. Like the first episode of the show. And all the missing people. And the "were you on the plane?" dialogue. And the resurrection of the man in the coffin on the flight. This all made me think, what if the first crash was somebody else trying to get to the island, and our beloved Losties were just the expendable passengers on the flight? Maybe not expendable to the people that made them get on the flight (Abaddon telling Locke to go on the roundabout, for example), but expendable to the other people who were looking for the island.
No... I understand exactly what you mean.

If that's the case though, it would be a little disheartening, as the characters we've been with for the past 5 seasons are of no real significance and are just part of continual cycle.

It would be mind boggling though.

Since Ben grew up on the island, I think he would be privy to it though. And maybe he is, we'll just have to wait and see...

Quote:
I can't really fill in the missing pieces myself, as I can't remember much from the previous seasons, but just a little theory..
I know, I have trouble remembering the past seasons too, glad I'm not the only one. That's one of the advantages of watching a series after it's already finished. You can watch all the seasons together over a period of weeks instead of years. Just go to Wikipedia and read the season summaries.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 AM   #11
Bube
President of the Galaxy

Now Playing: Alice: Madness Returns, WoW

I used to read summaries a while ago, but it took too much time, and it also made me think about the show every second of my life. I don't want that anymore, I'm just going with the flow, with whatever I can remember