Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Hideo Kojima
Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Now Playing: Borderlands 2, DKCR3D, TLoU: Remastered
Default Hideo Kojima

Since I made the Metal Gear thread yesterday I was actually curious about what GT thinks about this.

Hideo Kojima franchises and your opinions about them?

The list might be bigger than some of you guys think (even though he usually puts his name on it if he's involved).

There's:

Snatcher

A cyberpunk adventure made for the PC88 and MSX2, later released in America for the Sega CD. I personally enjoyed it, but I don't feel like everyone might. It's an adventure game, like Monkey Island, or The Dig. There were some scenes where you would shoot enemies on screen (that also worked with the light gun) but that was about it. I liked what I've played and I hope to finish it in the future.

Zone of the Enders

I'll thank Geo for introducing me to this one, and I have yet to play and complete the second game sadly, but it was very fast paced and I loved it. The first game was very short so it makes for nice quick runthroughs whenever you get the feeling you want to get into Jehuty and kick some ass once more.

Boktai

Now this I don't think was one of his better franchises. I attempted to play the first one and this game was kind of problematic for me to play, considering I live in Miami so the city is always very well lit by sunlight in very open areas, so it would make it difficult to play the game because you couldn't see! And the fact that you couldn't complete boss battles at night because your gun didn't work was kind of a big issue for me. The series also includes Lunar Knights however for the DS, which I've heard was also very good.

Policenauts

This game has been re-released more and more times that I can care to count, and yet it still hasn't been released in America or PAL regions! However, for those that are capable of emulating, the game has been translated and converted for use on PSPs, and PSX emulators. I've given it a go, and it reminds me very much of the Snatcher series. I'd love to get more time to throw into it, as it's a very interesting game. I doubt many have heard of it or played it however, but maybe this might spark some interest.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4790-6369

Re: Hideo Kojima
Old 03-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
BlueFire
The World Ends with Poo

Now Playing: Brawl
Default Re: Hideo Kojima

Zone of the Enders 2! I love that game. I hope they make a new addition to the series sometime soon.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by takegiantsteps View Post
Zone of the Enders 2! I love that game. I hope they make a new addition to the series sometime soon.
Supposedly Kojima said he plans to make a third one at some unspecified point in the future, but he's probably too busy making assloads of money trying to find ways to extend the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
DarkMaster
I am not a smart person

Now Playing: Life

ZoE3 would rule ass.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
uber_paddler
Sony Whore

Now Playing: Persona 4, just like you should be.

By all accounts he really wants to make it. Last I heard it seemed to be Konami who was reluctant to let him. But seriously, ZoE3 on PS3? Oh my god.

PSN: XuberpaddlerX
XBL: uber paddler
Brawl Code: 4296 2818 4180

Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
capablemachine
Baron

Now Playing:

I've never played any of them, I think that's because they usually weren't available or because I'd never heard of them.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablemachine View Post
I've never played any of them, I think that's because they usually weren't available or because I'd never heard of them.
Metal Gear Solid, and Zone of the Enders are musts. Policenauts is only available through a fan translation so you can only play it if you have a modded PS1/PS2 or an emulator. Snatcher was only released in the US for the Sega CD as well and it's very expensive to find so that's another that you're better off trying to emulate.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
thatmariolover
GameTavern Plumber

Now Playing:

I remember when ZoE came out (the first) my buddy picked it up just for the MGS2 demo, but then ended up really liking ZoE.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatmariolover View Post
I remember when ZoE came out (the first) my buddy picked it up just for the MGS2 demo, but then ended up really liking ZoE.
My only gripe with ZoE is that the games are just really short. Makes for quick, fun repeat playthroughs but I'm sure if I bought it at release I would have felt like I was robbed a little.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

I have a friend who was ranting and raving about how great Policenauts was, and I've been trying to find it on and off since he wouldn't shut up about it.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
I have a friend who was ranting and raving about how great Policenauts was, and I've been trying to find it on and off since he wouldn't shut up about it.
Well I could help but these things are not really of a legal nature. If I were to receive a PM about it, things might be different.