Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Movies & Television
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #481
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b
 
Teuthida's Avatar
 
Teuthida is offline
Location: Sol 3
Now Playing: with power
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

It would be impossible to do that sort of ep more than once a season.


Heh, KG. Your anger at this show is funny. It was never good (I hated it under Darabont) but this season has been the only completely solid one for me. Really liking this new showrunner. He did the best eps for the last season as well. Hopefully the second half of the season will keep up this trend.

That being said, TWD is not one of my drop everything and watch shows. I'm usually half watching while doing another task. Perfect show for that. Maybe if I gave it my full attention I'd be angry too.

Does suck they killed off one of the best characters. I would have sacrificed Darryl for him.
__________________
Sketch Blog
  Reply With Quote

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #482
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings
 
Canyarion's Avatar
 
Canyarion is offline
Location: insert funny location here
Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT
Posts: 4,634
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Of course this whole band of strangers dies while only 1 of the good guys is killed. What else did we expect?

Well, the episode was good, but like Teuth says, it's because lots of stuff happened. And you can't keep that up. It's pretty sad how we had to go through 5 slow disease episodes, then 2 boring Governor ones to get to an exciting episode. And it basically ended how last season's finale should have ended.

I'm glad that they're on the road again... and I do hope they get reunited pretty soon.
__________________
It may have other powers than just making you vanish when you wish to... The One Ring

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #483
BreakABone
Living Legend
 
BreakABone's Avatar
 
BreakABone is offline
Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Posts: 10,277
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

I agree

But the fact of the matter is the season should build to this episode.

If you watched really this episode.. you wouldn't miss much skipping the rest of the season.

Like the plot didn't combine until this episode and stuff like the Governor's time and the disease were such a minor factor.
__________________

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away
  Reply With Quote

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #484
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings
 
Canyarion's Avatar
 
Canyarion is offline
Location: insert funny location here
Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT
Posts: 4,634
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

I also hated how Rick wouldn't just tell all the Governor's new people what really happened between them. Most of them didn't want to fight, but believed Rick and the others were a gang of villains.
And now all these good people are dead.

Btw what did you think of Daryll shooting the tank-guy?
__________________
It may have other powers than just making you vanish when you wish to... The One Ring

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #485
BreakABone
Living Legend
 
BreakABone's Avatar
 
BreakABone is offline
Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Posts: 10,277
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyarion View Post
I also hated how Rick wouldn't just tell all the Governor's new people what really happened between them. Most of them didn't want to fight, but believed Rick and the others were a gang of villains.
And now all these good people are dead.

Btw what did you think of Daryll shooting the tank-guy?
To be fair, Rick didn't know their motives

And he did try to explain that even after the last time, he took in some of the Governor's residents.
__________________

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away
  Reply With Quote

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 12-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #486
KillerGremlin
No Pants
 
KillerGremlin's Avatar
 
KillerGremlin is offline
Location: Friggin In The Riggin
Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Posts: 4,566
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
It would be impossible to do that sort of ep more than once a season.


Heh, KG. Your anger at this show is funny. It was never good (I hated it under Darabont) but this season has been the only completely solid one for me. Really liking this new showrunner. He did the best eps for the last season as well. Hopefully the second half of the season will keep up this trend.

That being said, TWD is not one of my drop everything and watch shows. I'm usually half watching while doing another task. Perfect show for that. Maybe if I gave it my full attention I'd be angry too.

Does suck they killed off one of the best characters. I would have sacrificed Darryl for him.
I don't hate the show and I'm really not that angry. Bitching about stuff on the Internet is effortless, low hanging fruit.

Obviously I'm attached to the show, as I still watch it. But like you, I almost always do something else while watching the show.

I'm excited to see where they go after this mid season finale, but this should have been the end of Season 3. The first half of Season 4 was largely fluff. And the "redeemable Governor" stuff is bullshit. The guy has a GIAAAAAAAAANT resume of douche baggery. Even in a post apocalyptic dystopia, the dude's actions are deplorable.

But that's just me. A lot of people disagree, and like how the show focused on The Governor.

You know, the show is changing writers for what is it, the third time now? I do agree with you that Season 4 is the best Season thus far (except for maybe the first part of Season 1), but Season 4 is falling short because Season 3 was so bad. Trying to cram The Governor back into the show required monumental amounts of bullshit.

Here's to hoping the show gets better as it moves on.
__________________
Two loves: &

My Beer Blog
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
GameTavern