Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill
Old 03-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill

This is a great find from The New Ledger:

Quote:
For as long as the political fight took over the past year, the abbreviated review process on the health care legislation currently pending on President Obama’s desk is unquestionably going to result in some surprises — as happens with any piece of mashed-up legislation — both for the congressmen who voted for it and for the American people.

One such surprise is found on page 158 of the legislation, which appears to create a carveout for senior staff members in the leadership offices and on congressional committees, essentially exempting those senior Democrat staffers who wrote the bill from being forced to purchase health care plans in the same way as other Americans.

A major story during the course of the health care debate was whether members of Congress would commit to placing themselves in the same health care exchanges as average citizens, or whether they would hang on to their government plans — that’s why leadership chose to add this portion to the bill, serving as a guarantee that members would participate in the same health plans as the people. Here’s the relevant text:

Link to the rest of the article.
The link has the quoted relevant text if anyone is interested.

Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill
Old 03-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
This is a great find from The New Ledger:

The link has the quoted relevant text if anyone is interested.
Politics are a dirty business, I'm almost certain all of us know that, so I don't see how that is any different.

Anyhow, I may have misspoken about the whole abortion in the Health Care bill business. I did a bit of research, and it seems like there is no clause in the bill that would actually have the gov't fund abortion.

The executive order would exist just as a safeguard to people. At least according to this

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/...rtion-funding/

I could be reading it wrong, but the bill nor the order changes anything on record?

And this article, which states, that directly or not, the gov't already helps funds abortions,
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pos...pinionsbox1%27

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away