Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Ha!
Old 04-24-2002, 08:43 PM   #1
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Ha!

Children making fun of one another in school.

How do you think the issue should be addressed? How do you deal with the issue? And what advise would you give to others regarding the issue?

Old 04-24-2002, 09:52 PM   #2
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

There's nothing wrong with it unless they're making fun of something serious like the kid's religion or if the kid is mentally incapable or something like that....

And a slong as it doesn't get physical...

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 04-24-2002, 10:26 PM   #3
Cyrax9
1st GT Member with US Cube

Now Playing:
I used to have a bully that loved to atack me, and after several visits o the guidance office the Counsolor finaly said this to me: "Seriously Alex, the next time he hits you, punch him in the stomach, and I'm not joking about that." she said it because he caused trouble with everyone, but I do have handicaps, and she was sick of him, so she hoped I would fnally hit him dead center in the gut. This was after several meetings with the Princiapl, Vice Principal, and other administroator's who had to deal with what this guy did to me, but when I did finally get the chance tosock him in the gut, which wa about two days after I was "given permission", I punched him as fast as could, too bad I fubmled, and it didn't hurt him enough and I wasn't able to defend myself adequitluy, but I jumped for joy when he finaly got "Out of Schoool Suspension" aka OSS. I only wish he was expelled, to bad it didn't happen.

The guy really was a bully, except he didn't just tease people, he used Racial Slur's, and beat kids up. He broke my Glasses once, I wanted to sue him, but I was advised against it by my parents, whop went to the principal, actually I belive that Incident resulted in a 9 day OSS for the kid, and all I got was the quesion "Who else did he pcik on this time?", I was rather hapy to "rat him out",because he wasn't a friend, and anyone who was friends with him was either a dope-smoking delinquent, or was friends with Him for "Protection", most of his buddies were expelled, but he never was.

A stupid remakr in elemntry school can be dealt with by a parent, in Junior High, the Student can usually come up with a comeback unless the bully get phsical or racist, in which case the parent should intervene, and if the problem persists, perhaps a the Schoolboard. In High School if this happens, the person is not a kid, they're a stupid adult, and the school can deal wit them, and depending on a stutendts age, andf severety of the problem, such as beatings, the victim's family sould be able to press charges on the Bully or his/her family. If it happens in college, then the college can't be very good, and any physical attacks or racial slurs should allow the college student to press charges as a victim of either hate crimes or beatings depending on severity. If it's just a remark like calling smeone "stupid", then I'd ignore that person, if it's serious, I'd do something about it.
#1. A short time in the future, ina living room nbot so far away...

"CONSOLE WARS IX"
It is the dawning of the 9th Console war; 23 years after the first shots were luanched from the Big "N", A new player has been screwing with the world of gaming while a former rival is developing a massive Behomth, the PSX, the Big "N" is outnumbered but theyhave a secert weapon.. he GameCube II!

#2.Freedom of speech and freedom of idiocy are not synonymous-Lady Iapetus

Old 04-25-2002, 10:07 AM   #4
Revival
Untouchable

Now Playing:

Teach the kid how to defend himself.

Wait! Just listen to me first.. I know you all hate to do that.. What if it were to get physical? What if the bunny decided to take a swing at your kid? He could get hurt. I think all kids should know how to defend themselves from attacks.. as long as the kid is taught NOT to use them to attack other people, then I think it's fine..

*remembers all the fights he got into as a kid*

Yeah... teach them self-defense.

Old 04-25-2002, 10:20 AM   #5
GameKinG
KinG of GameTavern

Now Playing: Yo Mama

All a kid needs in return is self defense (this not only includes physical action, but verbal). He needs to be able to comeback at somebody. I dont know where he will get this information but TV seems to help...and the internet.

Old 04-25-2002, 10:34 AM   #6
Revival
Untouchable

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by GameKinG
All a kid needs in return is self defense (this not only includes physical action, but verbal). He needs to be able to comeback at somebody. I dont know where he will get this information but TV seems to help...and the internet.
Did you possibly get the information from my post right above you that had the same point?!?

Old 04-25-2002, 07:02 PM   #7
GameKinG
KinG of GameTavern

No, I ussualy skip all the replies and just answer the topic. Unless its my topic...or the post are after my reply. Everyone in front of me is scum *spits on ground*. Ecept for cyrax, and link, and bond...ok maybe just you.

Old 04-25-2002, 11:45 PM   #8
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS

I do not always defend myself... But that is because I do not have to. I am usually the instigator of the physical stuff. This is because people talk a lot of smack. And I am there to see if their smack is real or not.

And most times, it is not.

Old 04-26-2002, 09:46 AM   #9
Revival
Untouchable

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by GameKinG
ok maybe just you.
Thanks.. that made my day

Old 04-26-2002, 09:55 AM   #10
GameKinG
KinG of GameTavern

Quote:
Originally posted by Shooter

Thanks.. that made my day
Its what Im here for.

Old 04-26-2002, 10:07 AM   #11
Revival
Untouchable

Now Playing:

Seriously, this whole week has been hell for me. 2 kids at my school committed suicide, I knew them both. It's.. just.. so horrible.. one girl was the 2nd ranking senior in her class.. and was going to receive the valedictorian award at graduation, but she took her life yesterday...

Old 04-26-2002, 01:19 PM   #12
Joeiss

Quote:
Seriously, this whole week has been hell for me. 2 kids at my school committed suicide, I knew them both. It's.. just.. so horrible.. one girl was the 2nd ranking senior in her class.. and was going to receive the valedictorian award at graduation, but she took her life yesterday...
Why? Because of bullying?

Old 04-26-2002, 03:29 PM   #13
Revival
Untouchable

Now Playing:

With one of them yeah...

Old 04-26-2002, 04:00 PM   #14
Joeiss

Quote:
With one of them yeah...
Damn. That is stupid. Didn't she ever think of changing schools before turning to such a permanent solution?

Old 04-26-2002, 07:54 PM   #15
Revival
Untouchable

Now Playing:

There's once choice of schools around here..