Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Old 06-28-2002, 12:45 PM   #16
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Bobcat, there is an adapter available that allows you to use a PS2 controller with the XBox, and its not very expensive at all.

Just an FYI.

Old 06-28-2002, 12:49 PM   #17
Old Skool
Banned

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by bobcat

I like the Ps2 controller for THPS. The Xbox/GC one would be very weird. I'm getting SC2 on GC IF Link is still on it.

Do I have to bloody give reasons for everything
yea you do!!!! and yes i still think your stupid to make up your mind on which system you are going to buy a game on before any one has even played it let along seen a review of it. you may find the game does not work well with the Gamecubes pad so the PS2 or Xbox versions my be better or THPS slows down like **** on the PS2 (like the last one) so getting the Gamecube or Xbox versions may be better. All I'm saying is you must be really stupid to make up your mind now when you don't know any better.

Old 06-28-2002, 02:41 PM   #18
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by The Strangler
Bobcat, there is an adapter available that allows you to use a PS2 controller with the XBox, and its not very expensive at all.

Just an FYI.
I think the GameCube has one also, but that would just seem odd to me... never do that. A lot of people are surprised to know I own a GameCube, and I never feel like I have to justify owning one. I enjoy playing the classic Nintendo franchises, I don't have to justify that and you shouldn't have to either bobcat. Unless you want to of course.

Old 06-28-2002, 03:06 PM   #19
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Quote:
Originally posted by Bond

I think the GameCube has one also, but that would just seem odd to me... never do that. A lot of people are surprised to know I own a GameCube, and I never feel like I have to justify owning one. I enjoy playing the classic Nintendo franchises, I don't have to justify that and you shouldn't have to either bobcat. Unless you want to of course.
Bond, after the first sentence you wrote, does any of that pertain to what I posted? I was just letting him know that there were options for peoplewho prefer other controllers thats all. Jeeez.

Og wait, you were talking to Old Skool... never mind

Old 06-28-2002, 03:12 PM   #20
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Quote:

Bond, after the first sentence you wrote, does any of that pertain to what I posted? I was just letting him know that there were options for peoplewho prefer other controllers thats all. Jeeez.

Og wait, you were talking to Old Skool... never mind
The first part did, but I was just to lazy to quote Old Skool.

Old 06-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #21
Old Skool
Banned

Now Playing:

Really Bond I don't give a crap about what you say I have never asked any one ever to justify what systems they own I have a PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast and a Gamecube well infact i have two Xboxs one at home and one in my flat in london. But I still stand by what i said heres a quote form it as its ease to see you did not read it!

Quote:
posted by Me

I don't get it you have set out which console you are going to get a game on before you have seen one review showing that console has the best version of it or even played the game for your self. Sorry but it just seem alittle stupid to me!
Quote:
Posted by bobcat

I like the Ps2 controller for THPS. The Xbox/GC one would be very weird. I'm getting SC2 on GC IF Link is still on it.

Do I have to bloody give reasons for everything
Quote:
posted by Me

yea you do!!!! and yes i still think your stupid to make up your mind on which system you are going to buy a game on before any one has even played it let along seen a review of it. you may find the game does not work well with the Gamecubes pad so the PS2 or Xbox versions my be better or THPS slows down like **** on the PS2 (like the last one) so getting the Gamecube or Xbox versions may be better. All I'm saying is you must be really stupid to make up your mind now when you don't know any better.
So I ask you again where the f*** did I ask bobcat to justify what consoles he has maybe you should try reading peoples post abit more before you go off on one.

Old 06-28-2002, 04:13 PM   #22
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool
Really Bond I don't give a crap about what you say I have never asked any one ever to justify what systems they own I have a PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast and a Gamecube well infact i have two Xboxs one at home and one in my flat in london. But I still stand by what i said heres a quote form it as its ease to see you did not read it!

So I ask you again where the f*** did I ask bobcat to justify what consoles he has maybe you should try reading peoples post abit more before you go off on one.
I never said that you asked bobcat to justify his purchase of a product. I just simply stated that he shouldn't have to justify his purchase of products. No reason to get angry Old Skool, I don't have anything against you or anything, I just think it was a misunderstanding.

Old 06-28-2002, 05:26 PM   #23
-apu-
Banned

Now Playing:

i'm too lazy to actually read all of that....but where'd u get this info??

Old 06-28-2002, 11:06 PM   #24
bobcat
KOF King

Now Playing: Street Fighter IV

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool

First of all these games (Soul Calibur "2" and THPS"4") are sequals (and so on). So I basically know what to expect from them (gameplay wise).

Compared to the Ps2 controller, I don't like the XBox control pad. SIMPLE! I've played THPS3 on Xbox and I get dissatisfied playnig it. The controller is too big to grasp and I can't perform the tricks as well as on the Ps2 version. That's my reason, and judging on this from past THPS games, the Ps2 has been the most comfortable for me.

The controller and performing tricks is more important to me than graphics/added features. I don't mind the slowdown, or the graphics. I just get more satisfaction out of it on my PS2 with THPS 3 (compared to the Xbox version).

And with Soul Calibur 2 if Link is in it it would be one huge advantage over the others for me coz I like Zelda. That in itself would warrant Soul Calibur 2 on GC for me.

Judging from past games, Xbox has the best graphics, some added features, GC lies in the middle graphically, and Ps2 is usually last when it comes to graphics. To me graphics are LEAST important (especially for multiplatform games). So THPS4 is a handown for Ps2 (for me) because of the controller. That's the only reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for me it's a BIG reason!! The most SIGNIFICANT reason!!!! IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THIS, THEN BLOODY WELL SUE ME!!!!!!!!!

NOW STOP F**ING BUGGING ME ABOUT MY PREFERENCES WITH GAMES/CONSOLES YOU STUPID MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T BUG YOU ABOUT YOUR PREFENCES FOR F**KS SAKE

Last edited by bobcat : 06-28-2002 at 11:21 PM.

Old 06-28-2002, 11:08 PM   #25
bobcat
KOF King

Quote:

Just an FYI.
Thanks

DO you have a link?

Old 06-28-2002, 11:09 PM   #26
bobcat
KOF King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bond

I know hey!?

Well I justifyed it. So yeh

EDIT I misread this post. Sorry

But that was for Sega Fan I take it. And no I won't prove that I own an Xbox.........that'd just be too

Last edited by bobcat : 06-28-2002 at 11:17 PM.