Old 07-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Pacific Rim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
Well this ended up being amazing. It's way more cool to go back now and look at all those prerelease Jaeger posters after seeing them in action in the movie.

They have also pretty much confirmed a sequel, so that's exciting. I would also be interested in watching a prequel set in this universe, to see some of the different jaegers.

Yeah, the movie had it's fair share of bad acting and dialogue, and a few plot points that didn't make a lot of sense, but overall the story was good enough and the dialogue cheesy in a way that I enjoyed.

I've seen enough stupid action movies that I hated to know when one is bad and one isn't. Iron Man 2 is a bad-stupid action movie. So is Transformers 3. This was a good-stupid action movie.

The dialogue may have not been great, but there is some element to each of the characters that makes them likable and entertaining to watch. Raleigh is different from most stupid action movie stars because he's actually very emotional and in tune with every other characters emotions.

Did anyone else see the post-credits scene? Pretty hilarious.
I'm actually content if this remains a one and done film.

And yeah post-credit sequence was great

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away