Re: Reconciling the American Dream with the Least Among Us
Old 03-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Default Re: Reconciling the American Dream with the Least Among Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
Overall, reading your story I think the real monkey wrench was your relationship with your parents (and bureaucracy that I talked about as an inhibitor to the AD earlier, and how it relates to esclalating education costs, but that is another topic all together), which is very unfortunate and I hope they will come to their senses so your family can be healthy and happy. But that said, I'm not sure your circumstances could be described as normal and applied to the American Dream as a whole, even though it certainly affects you.

I'm glad to see you never gave up, and hope you still won't give up now. You are SO CLOSE! My advice would be to try and work out a way to finish on your own terms and screw the aid that seems to be blocking you mentally as well as financially. Transfer credits, finish at night or on-line and get what you can for you time, effort and suffering. Will it be exactly what you envisioned? No, but you will get something out of it even if its a new direction and new options open to you.
Meh what's done is done, and actually I just turned 24 so at the very least next year I think I should qualify for financial aid by myself. I figured as long as I finish by the time I'm 30 it's all good.

As far as my family is concerned I was never close with them anyway. Honestly the last 4 years I was living at home (14-18) I spent the majority of my time playing games, hanging out online or reading books.

I simply couldn't care less if I ever talk to them again, and mostly just glad I have good friends and continue to make them.