Re: Dream Collaboration
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
jeepnut
Mr. Sarcasm

Now Playing:
Default Re: Dream Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
If you could pick two musicians, from any point in time, and have them collaborate on an album, who would they be?

I think I would pick Fiona Apple and Robert Plant. And it doesn't have to be Led Zeppelin Robert Plant - older Band of Joy Robert Plant would be just fine. Fiona Apple is probably my favorite female singer, her latest album is awesome.
This is a difficult question for me to answer. For one, I believe musicians are very much a part of their environment. Who they are playing with, what time period they are in, who their influences are, etc. I'm convinced that if I were to somehow take two musicians out of their environment and combine them in an unnatural manner, then they would both fail to live up to expectations.

But, I may go with Sean Reinert of Death/Cynic and Ole Borud of Extol.

If you ask me tomorrow, I'd probably have a different answer.

I'd also be interested in hearing what would happen if Alisa Xayalith of The Naked and Famous and Stephen Christian of Anberlin could do together. Both great singers.

I realize that I chose members of bands that both play similar styles, but I guess I'm just not very creative.

"Truth is not determined by a majority vote." - Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981
"Abortion is mean." - Rock For Life
"Remember men, we're all in the same boat - and women are on the shore, laughing." - Red Green