Old 07-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #1308
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Last movies you saw

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl who Played With Fire
The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

I watched the extended versions of all of these which were broken down into six "episodes." The first movie was good but a bit long. That might have been due to the extended bit. The 2nd and 3rd movies felt like tv shows rather than movies. Especially the last one. They had a different director than the first which probably played a large role in that. But they also removed the best element of the first one which was Blomkvist and Lisbeth's scenes together. Also rather than Lisbeth being a side character, they made her the focus which kind of was...blah.

Everything is Illuminated
Very good. Heard the book is much better though (isn't it always the way) but tempted to read it.

Megamind
Such a great take on the Superman/Lex Luthor relationship. Worth watching for the intro only. Really fun and quite heartwarming.

Timecrimes
Oh man, this was awesome. Loved it. Like an easy to understand Primer. One of the best time travel movies. Love how self contained it is.

Extraterrestrial
From the same writer/director as above. This is more a romantic dramedy that just so happens to have an alien invasion as a backdrop. I enjoyed it a good deal.

Zero Effect
Had just rewatched (I almost never rewatch movies) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang so was in the mood for another director flick. This has Bill Pullman as the world's greatest detective, and Ben Stiller as his assistant who does all the legwork, since Zero (Pullman) hardly ever leaves his apartment and never interacts with the clients...at least not as himself. Decent movie. Would actually love a sequel. The characters really grew on me by the end.

Last edited by Teuthida : 07-22-2012 at 08:15 PM.