Re: Midterm Elections (Nov. 2)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Default Re: Midterm Elections (Nov. 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
or if he falls down the same sorry path as Jimmy Carter.
Jimmy Carter did not fall down some sorry path, and im sick of people calling him a bad president. He was a great president. Just because he didnt get elected to a second term does not mean he was a bad president, and likewise getting elected to a second term does not mean you did a good job your first term, or were a good president.

This is of course never talked about, but Carter did not fire one shot, did not drop one bomb, did not launch one missile. He Normalized diplomatic relations with China for the first time in a long time, brought peace between Israel and Egypt.

Carter also cut Oil consumption in this country IN HALF. When Carter was elected the US was importing 8.6 million barrels of oil per day, which he cut down to 4.3 million barrels per day. Now, we are back at 11 million. Carter put Solar Panels in the White House, and Reagan of course took them down. I could list numerous humanitarian things he did and continues to do to this day, but I'll stop there.

President Obama has inherited a political polarization in this Country that is Unheard of. Republicans have said they will not give Obama support under any circumstances. Obama is doing a superb job under the ridiculous circumstances the Republicans have managed to cause.

I guess at the very least now that the Republicans control the house, they are partly responsible for whatever happens, so they cant be complete idiots anymore.