View Single Post

Re: Police Can Attach GPS to Cars Without Warrant
Old 08-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Police Can Attach GPS to Cars Without Warrant

Quote:
And also, what is stopping someone from hacking that GPS signal?
People can do that now. If your car, or iphone has GPS on it, and it's active - people can hack it and find out where you are if they're determined enough.

Quote:
would you be okay with a bunch of perverted ass cops knowing exactly where your wife/daughter is at all times? Do you really trust them that much?
Yeah, I'm totally fine with it. I'm not a cynic. I don't think every cop out there is going to stalk and gang rape my family just because of this one situation. Are there cops out there that aren't up to par with the law? Sure. But am I afraid that they will use this ability to stay at work and stalk me or my family for no good reason? Nope. I have no reason to think that they will do anything but uphold the law. And since I have nothing to hide, I double-y don't really give a shit. I personally don't care if they know where I live. I don't care if they know who my doctor is, or where I went at 5:30 yesterday. I have no reason to hide any of my activities, or be ashamed of them. So personally, I don't care.

Quote:
I hope you can see that's different than just knowing where my house is.
I can indeed, but the argument you were making before was comparing it to searching your house, not knowing the location. I was saying the aren't searching your car.

And yet still, I honestly don't think it's a detrimentally terrible idea.

But anyways, none of us are changing our views. You guys aren't going to view the police as anything but people who want to spy on you, and I won't change my view that they want a more efficient, and faster way of tracking suspects without having to wait X amount of time for warrants.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.