Re: Last movies you saw
Old 10-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #851
Bube
President of the Galaxy

Now Playing: Alice: Madness Returns, WoW
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
Because it has been hyped to infinity. It's not the scariest movie you will ever see. It's also an obvious budget film. And it requires you to suspend some disbelief. The characters follow a few of the horror cliches and you just want to scream at them, "why on earth did you do that!"

So if you do see it, go into the film with an open mind and no expectations. That's what I did and the film scared the crap out of me and entertained me immensely. It was a genuinely frightening film that played off of some good psychological conventions. And the director of the film understands that what REALLY makes a movie scary is the unknown. The things left in the dark scare us the most.

I think it is totally worth seeing and it is definitely one of the scariest movies to come out in theaters in a looooooooong time. I haven't been on the edge of my seat like that since seeing The Descent.

So yeah, definitely go see it. In fact I insist you go see it because I need someone to talk plot and spoilers with.
I'm not really a big fan of horror movies, for 2 reasons:
1. I get too scared, and sometimes lose sleep (true) )
2. They're almost always very cheap movies, with some cheap scares and almost always the same plot.

But this one took my interest, because I like seeing stuff from other people's POVs. I don't really care how scary it is, but I like the idea of keeping things away from the screen and in my imagination.

Unfortunately, I don't know when it's going to be released here in Turkey

Edit: Found the release date. December 4. You're going to have to wait