Re: The Movie News Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #24
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: The Movie News Thread

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (May 4, 2010) __ "Kick-Ass" director Matthew Vaughn will helm X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, a new chapter in Twentieth Century Fox's blockbuster series of films based on the Marvel Comics.

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS begins production this summer for a June 3, 2011 release. Bryan Singer, who conceived the story for FIRST CLASS and directed the original "X-Men" and its sequel "X2," is producing along with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.

"I've been a fan of Matthew's since LAYER CAKE," said Singer. "He has a deft hand with multiple characters and storylines, and a great love of the X-Men universe. I feel the combination of this story and his vision will make for an exciting and original X-Men film."

Added Twentieth Century Fox president of production, Emma Watts: “X-Men: First Class presents an exciting opportunity to further explore the history and relationships of these beloved characters. Matthew's combination of talent, verve and vision is perfectly suited to the task.”

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
PErsonally, I think that is such a tiny timetable for a movie. Basically, a year from announcement to release.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/fox-...n-first-class/

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away