Re: First Presidential Debate
Old 10-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #37
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: First Presidential Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
I have been consistently surprised that Obama ignored every opportunity to call Romney out on changing his opinion on various things. No idea why they haven't done that.
It is quite puzzling, especially considering how effective the flip-flopper attack was for Bush against Kerry in 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
This, I think, is Pres. Obama's greatest failure in these debates. As simplistic as Pres. Obama wants to call Romney's plan, Romney has presented a plan while Pres. Obama has accepted the default position of the status quo.

Also, I think Romney's arguments on the economy have been far more effective than the President's. Even the CNN poll says that while Romney lost the debate, he won the economic portion by a landslide. In this voting environment, I think this will be weighted more heavily than Romney's "Binder full of women".
I agree. Karl Rove noted in the WSJ yesterday that the Obama campaign is switching from almost entirely negative advertising to almost entirely positive advertising, but I think it is too late. Short of a colossal world event or Romney implosion, I don't see anything taking away the momentum he gained in the first presidential debate.