View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #1355
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

I can't think of a franchise I like more than James Bond...and all the spoofs. Austin Powers, Archer, Chuck (soooo many references crammed into Chuck), The Pink Panther, Naked Gun, Hank Scorpio and the Simpsons, No One Lives Forever (video game), Help!....

It's probably my favorite genre, just by default. Skyfall felt more like reboot/homage rather than a straight up Bond movie...and the movie's biggest fault is it sort of felt exactly like The Dark Knight during that one scene in the middle. The ending scene was great, however, and was more of a Western-style standoff than anything (Home Alone didn't do it first, people).

Quote:
But in practice I find I'm never quite able to relate to him. He's ruthless and brutal almost to the point of not being a hero anymore, and I find the way women fall all over him to be unrealistic to the point it's just funny.
It's parodied well by Austin Powers, I think.

He's certainly an icon of an older time...I thought Skyfall did good in avoiding a lot of the typical Bond cliches.

The boat scene didn't cause me to pause my suspension of disbelief. I don't know...I agree with where you are coming from, but compared to say, Die Another Day, Skyfall is like real and unicorns.