Re: Last movies you saw
Old 06-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #274
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
I haven't seen a movie in weeks. The last one was Indy 4 and I pretty much hated it. Worse than part 2. That just wasn't Indiana, that was somebody else... This isn't how he has grown old, it can't be!
Comon now Indy 4 wasnt THAT bad...it did have a very different feel from the older flicks, but I was expecting that. I watched it again a second time, and I enjoyed it more than the first time. You just have to take it for what it is, really. The plot is obviously the most "out there" of the 4 films, but if you can live with that the action is absolutley awsome, nobody does action scenes like Spielberg. I really hoping there is one more with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

On a related note, I was reading awhile back about a suppoused leaked script that was rejected by George Lucas. It was written by Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption) Suppousedly, the script was similar but had some key notable differences. The main plot was the same, with basically the same ending. It still included the warehouse scene and the jungle action sequence. First difference, Shia Labuff's character was completley absent from Darabonts script. This left much more time for the Indy - Marion relationship to develop. Also, Marion was either allready married or seeing someone, so Indy had to "compete" for her affection. The last difference and most notable to me was that the script paid absolutley no mind to Indy's age. No old jokes, no nothing. There was also another action scene in this script.