View Single Post

Re: BP Oil Spill
Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: BP Oil Spill

Quote:
And here, in the very next paragraph, you want the federal government to do more! (And, I presume the feds should do all that and just sue for it later?)
Strangler subscribes to the republican idealism almost 100%.. There is no reason for any dem to pursue his vote because there's no action that can be taken (or not taken) by the government that would make him happy. His last post is a perfect illistration of that.

BP is just a big corperation who is trying to make money. I don't expect them to bleed a dime to the government or to the country out of the kindness of their hearts. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if they're first priority is to save as much oil as they can from this spill, and their second priority is to stop it. I mean, that's what big companies do, try to make money. (And there's nothing wrong with that, but the Govt needs to set regulations that make companies think twice before causing a disaster like this)