Re: Citizenship at Birth
Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Citizenship at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
That's no excuse to punish the children born in the country because their parents broke the law. The children did nothing wrong. It's not their fault.

And yes, I do understand that removing that will take away incentive for poor families to go there - but it really spreads a horrible image about the country as a whole.

The fact is, I honestly don't think the vast majority of people are having kids in the US because of health care [considering they will most likely be from poor countries, and have no way to pay for it anyways, but I'm not saying it isn't a factor] - rather are going there because their country blows so much in comparison that they want to start a new life, in a new place, with new opportunity. You know, the whole idea that North America was practically founded on.
So in your opinion, is illegal immigration even an issue? Because that post makes it sound like you don't really want it to stop, or like you're unwilling to take the proper steps to prevent it.