View Single Post

Re: Reagan Library GOP Debate
Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: Reagan Library GOP Debate

Overall thoughts:

Huntsman - He is the strongest moderate but he needed to be a stronger advocate of his moderate beliefs. He is trailing badly and needed to come out strong and be specific. He did neither.

Romney - Another strong outing. He came off as fiscally conservative, but also pragmatic in terms of entitlements. He is great at rising above bickering and looking presidential.

Bachmann - Stick a fork in her, she's irrelevant. Perry sucked all the wind out of her sails.

Santorum - Plays a great spoiler. He did serious damage to Perry.

Gingrich - Always knowledgeable, but he seemed to spend a lot of time complementing everyone else. As if to ask: "Can I be VP?"

Cain - Much better, but still not the breakout he needed.

Perry - He had a few bright spots, but overall I thought he performed terribly. His comments on social security being a ponzi scheme will kill him with seniors. I expect his numbers to drop in upcoming polls.

Paul - Twitchier than usual, and did he really warn the American people that a border fence could be used to make America a prison and keep people IN? Ooof, he really can't keep the crazy in check very long, can he?