View Single Post

Re: Where Republicans Fail
Old 04-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Where Republicans Fail

Here here!

Senator Kyl is still a dipshit for pulling numbers out of his ass though and has lost a lot of credibility.

Here is my question...it seems like the economy and the government's role in society are the two main issues right now. Specifically, we have this huge problem of government's role and influence on schools, taxes, inserting religion into policy, etc. And then there is the economy, which is a complex problem well beyond my understanding. What I do know is that the poor keep getting poorer, and only 1% or so of the entire population control like 95% of the wealth. That shit is FUCKED UP. Tables are going to be turned within the next 20, 50 or maybe 100 years. If history is any indicator, there will be some revolution or uprising or turn of events

The economy is in a vice grip, and in turn that runs off into DC with all the lobbying and policy stuff. So DC does is influenced by the top 1% without giving consideration to everyone else.

That's my peasant-minded understanding of what is up, at least. So here is my question:

Is there a legitimate (ie controlled) media racket that just focuses on dumb hot button bullshit like this planned parenthood abortion issue? It seems like the political race and the election has boiled down to hot air campaigns (I will bring Change /Obama) and minor issues like abortion. No one wants to address the real problems like our country's continuing decline in global education, our inane military spending, our expanding and highest in the world prison rates, and the huge gap between the 1% and the rest of the population.

I'm just so sick of it all I withdrew myself from most things politics. That and I honestly am not really educated to throw down any real fight or argument.