View Single Post

Re: Lost 3/16 "Recon"
Old 03-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Lost 3/16 "Recon"

I'm bored so I'm wikipedia-ing things to make really lame connections in my own mind, and came across this:

Quote:
The Midrash says that whenever she (Jacob and Esau's mother) would pass a house of Torah study, Jacob would struggle to come out; whenever she would pass a house of idolatry, Esau would agitate to come out. She received the prophecy that twins were fighting in her womb and would continue to fight all their lives, and after they became two separate nations. The prophecy also said that the older would serve the younger; its statement "one people will be stronger than the other" has been taken to mean that the two nations would never gain power simultaneously: when one fell, the other would rise, and vice versa.

The boys displayed very different natures as they matured. "Esau became a hunter, a man of the field, but Jacob was a simple man, a dweller in tents" (Genesis 25:27). Moreover, the attitudes of their parents toward them also differ: "Isaac loved Esau because game was in his mouth, but Rebecca loved Jacob"
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.